Bobbie

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: tabcat — Spanaway Washington United States of America
vision security
508 W 800 N, Orem, Utah United States of America

vision security A home security company that encourages unethical actions Orem, Utah

The sales person came to the door on a night when I was busy with homework so my boyfriend talked to him. The sales person instructed my boyfriend to pretend to be my husband on the phone with another one of the company's representatives. The sales person even introduced my boyfriend to this representative as my husband. The sales person told my boyfriend we could cancel at any time without any charges and it would only take 15 minutes for the install. The install occured the next day and it was over 3 hours.

I called the company to cancel the service and was told that there would be a cancellation charge equivalent to 75% of the 5 year contract. The representative informed me that I verbally agreed to these terms over the phone. When I asked to review this supposed verbal agreement the representative hung up on me.

I called back later that day and was told the same information except this representative actually listened to the verbal agreement and acknowledged that it was my boyfriend that agreed to the service not me.

However this representative still stated that I would have to prove to them that I did not agree to the contract and prove that it is not my signature on a contract that they never provided me with. Additionally the representative stated that I would need to file a police report against my boyfriend but the company has no intention of reprimanding or assisting in reporting the sales representative for the pressuring tactics used on my boyfriend. When I asked to speak to a manager and was told that a manager was not available but one would call me back. I am still waiting on the manager's return phone call.

Every attempt I have made to address my concerns with this company have been ignored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vision-security/Orem-Utah-/vision-security-A-home-security-company-that-encourages-unethical-actions-Orem-Utah-924622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vision security