midnight

• Submitted: Sat, April 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 05, 2008

• Reported By:Pittsfield Massachusetts
Vivitek - Shop NBC
48017 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, California U.S.A.

Vivitek 51" DLP TV Sold By ShopNBC Vivitek 51" DLP TV With TV Stand Sold By Shop NBC sold us this TV with the line "You'll never have to buy another TV again!" Fremont California

I watched this section of ShopNBC for weeks trying to decide weather or not to purchase this awesome gift to myself and my family. I finally decided after hearing that "You'll never have to purchase another TV...at least not for 20 years!" to go ahead and buy it, after all, there was a $200 rebate (which I did receive).

I received it and the stand was damaged, and had missing parts. Called Shop NBC, they re-directed us to Vivitek, who sent parts (what a surprise!) It took forever to get the colors just right on the TV, and the sound was AWFUL! I had to buy a stereo system to hook up to it, just to be able to hear what was coming out of the thing! With all that extra money spent, things were ok for about a year, when the lamp blew. Of course that wasn't covered under the warranty (or so they told me) so I had to purchase a new one to the tune of $200+ shipping. Only to find out that the extended service plan that I bought would have covered it.

Anyway, my bad, so now about 2 months later I find out that the engine is going with all the colors being distorted. I called Vivitek and they forwarded me to Shop NBC telling me it was "their problem now". We are still waiting to hear back with what will happen. It's been 3 weeks running, with nothing decided. They got me in touch with a local TV repair man (independant) who is now on the case and trying to make right what Vivitek and Shop NBC did wrong.

Totally interested in any class action suit that may come of this!

Sam
Pittsfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2008 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivitek-Shop-NBC/Fremont-California-94538/Vivitek-51-DLP-TV-Sold-By-ShopNBC-Vivitek-51-DLP-TV-With-TV-Stand-Sold-By-Shop-NBC-sold-323883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivitek - Shop NBC