Complaint Review: Vivitex Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2009

• Reported By:New Milford Connecticut
Vivitex Corporation
15700 Don Julian Road, Suite B City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Vivitex Corporation - ShopNBC Failed to Live Up To Their Promises City Of Industry California rnia

I purchased a Vivitek 51 in DLP HDTV from ShopNBC less than a year ago and 10 weeks after I purchased it the lamp was not working- no picture. Vivitek refused to honor the 6 month warranty backed by ShopNBC. After several weeks of waiting for a replacement I purchased the lamp and it came in defected. I tried to get Vivitex to honor their warranty without any success. I purchased the TV because of my trust for NBC. Therefore, I hold Shop NBC and the announcer who sold the TV responsible for misrepresentation with respect to the information they failed to give out to the consumer about the warranty. I will never purchase through Shop NBC again and I will send a copy of this to the editor of the NY Times and my local newspaper and on the BBB online. Any help would be appreciated because now I have a Large Screen TV that is taking up space in my family room collecting dust.

John
New Milford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivitex-Corporation/City-Of-Industry-California-91745/Vivitex-Corporation-ShopNBC-Failed-to-Live-Up-To-Their-Promises-City-Of-Industry-Califo-412554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivitex Corporation