Complaint Review: vizio

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: DR — Valencia California USA
39 Tesla Irvine, California United States of America

vizio SUCKS and is a TOTAL RIPOFF BEWARE Same thing is happening to everyone Irvine, California

We spent over $6000 on 3 Vizio TV's and all 3 had the same issue, amazingly right after the original warranty expired.

First was a 55" purchased about 6 years ago. Into the 3rd year, we heard a loud popping sound and TV went completely out. I don't remember what the repair cost would be at that time, but do remember we felt it best to just get a new TV.

We again purchased a Vizio (47") and a 32" a couple months later.

Just over 2 years the 32" went out. No picture and no sound. A couple months later the 47" went out.

Now I started to get suspicious.

I first tried emailing and then calling Vizio which was no help at all. They suggested I buy yet another new TV.

I then called Costco. They supposedly have "real" techs ready to help and assists. Yeah right! The Costco "tech" I spoke with had me do a couple things and then said. "let me forward you
to Vizio" - Oh great.... I know where this is going.

So a Vizio "tech" gets on the phone and does no troubleshooting at all. He simply tells me they
have a "flat rate" charge of $350.

Are they kidding me? I can go buy a new 47" for around $500 now.

Needless to say, I really had my doubts about all this since 3 TV's went out on my within a 6 year period...all Vizio's and all right after the warranty expired. Something is fishy here.

So I spent hours researching this on the net, and lo and behold, I start to find literally 100's if not 1,000's of issues the same as mine.

One thing I notice is many of these "same kind of" complaints mention a fuse issue that causes this. SO I figure what the heck, I have noting to lose. I remove the back on the 47" and fine the F1, F2, F3 fuses. I test them all with an meter, and guess what. The F3 fuse is blown, which BTW is a very small fuse soldered onto the main board in the upper right hand corner.

Again I figure I have nothing to lose, so I go get an inline fuse holder and a 1.5A fuse. I solder the
inline fuse holder to the (very small) fuse on the board. I attach the fuse, plug the TV in and TV works like a charm.

Total cost to repair this was under $5... on a repair Vizio wanted to charge me $350 for.

What's upsetting about all this is that the F3 fuse issue has been a problem for a long time, and you better believe Visio knows about this. So it's obviously a SCAM. Just a way to add to their bottom line

If you're thinking about buying a new TV, BEWARE.. Vizio may be cheaper initially but in the long run you will pay. I suggest paying a little more and get a more reliable TV from a company that cares!

BTW I emailed Vizio back twice about the F3 issue and no one ever emailed back.

What a pathetic excuse for a company.
Don't let some of these other positive reviews fool you. Do a "complete" research on this company before you decide to buy any product from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vizio/Irvine-California-92618/vizio-SUCKS-and-is-a-TOTAL-RIPOFF-BEWARE-Same-thing-is-happening-to-everyone-Irvine-Cal-750644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vizio