Complaint Review: vizio

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: cfrat52 — ocoee Florida
, Select State/Province USA

vizio I paid $1000 for a 55" tv with a one year warranty. EXACTLY 365.5 days later, it quit. 16 hours past warranty. They told me I was out of luck and could spend $450 to have someone come out to fix it. This is a KNOWN defect, there are thousands of complaints for the same issue -- tv turns itself off. orlando FL

On August 25, 2012, I purchased a 55" Vizio tv for $1000.  It had a one-year warranty.

On August 26, 2013, EXACTLY one year and 16 hours later, the tv failed.  Turn it on, it turns itself off -- repeatedly.

I called Vizio, since it's 16 hours past the warranty, they won't do anything.  Told me I was out of luck, company policy.

After a little research (VERY little, didn't take much) I found thousands of complaints for this exact same issue.  Turn the tv on, it turns itself off.  Repeat.  Repeat. Repeat.

How can Vizio continue to sell these tvs when they KNOW there's an issue with them?  SIXTEEN hours after my warranty expired, my tv quit.  Heck, it may have quit before then, I just didn't turn it on until I got home from work.

The complaints go back to 2009.  How can they do this?  I want my money back, my tv fixed, or another one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vizio/Select-StateProvince/vizio-I-paid-1000-for-a-55-tv-with-a-one-year-warranty-EXACTLY-3655-days-later-it-q-1079300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vizio