• Report: #731916

• Submitted: Sun, May 22, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, May 22, 2011

• Reported By: walter — hobe sound Florida USA
vizio

vizio my television was defective, I sent pictures to them, I was told to call my tv stations and have them readjust THEIR signal so I did not have a moving line going through my picture, they would not hon Internet

*Consumer Comment: The Problem is with.... Vits line!

I purchased a 55" Vizio from Walmart, in a few months I noticed a moving line going through the top of the picture & on some stations & dvds the picture was devided by a black line, this happened on tv stations and on dvds. I called Vizio and reported the problem and sent all pictures and proof of purchase required. I was given a technical support represenitive and he said the tv model I had did not have the adjustment to move the screen. He had me send pictures of the problem. I waited and waited for an answer from vizio but they did not return my calls or e mails, finally I reached a rep and was told I should call the tv stations and have them adjust THEIR signal and my claim was denied. I could not believe they just blew me off. My daughter has a 50" panasonic on the same line as mine and it doesn't have that problem. I called Walmart and told them the problem I was having with vizio and they very understanding and said they had been having recent returns with vizio. [continued below]....
..... They actually told me to bring the tv in and they refunded all my money. I will buy another tv from Walmart but it will not be a vizio. If this problem happened to me I see no reason they would do this to someone else. Just wanted to give a heads up to future costomers purchaseing a tv. many thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2011 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vizio/internet/vizio-my-television-was-defective-I-sent-pictures-to-them-I-was-told-to-call-my-tv-stat-731916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vizio

The Problem is with.... Vits line!

AUTHOR: msaul26 - ()

Ok,  here is how you fix that line....  TURN THE CHANNEL.  It is not a defective TV.  However, that line is broadcasted through your station that you are watching.   I had this with my tv once and just learned what it was and completely understand the explination.  If you turn the channel it will go away.

Dont get mad at Vizio get mad at your station.