Complaint Review: VMC Satellite

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2008

• Reported By:fort worth Texas
VMC Satellite
10205 Colvin Run Road Suite100 Great Falls, Virginia U.S.A.

VMC Satellite VMC sent a letter threatening collection for satellite installation that never occured Great Falls Virginia

I contacted VMC Satellite via the web several years ago. Their web ad stated that with their Dish services I could choose local station coverage from across the USA for a fee to be added to my monthly satellite charge.
What locations that were available for subscription were not made available until you talked to an installation representative from VMC. VMC stated that only certain cities were available and that you had to be living in that area to be elgible for local station services. I declined to signup for their Dish services since their ad misrepresented that I could view stations outside my local area, ie: Live in Oklahoma City and view Orlando, Florida local channels.

Having declined any services from VMC, I was billed installation charges. I contacted VMC via e-mail and by phone and after several refusals to pay for service not contracted, I received a letter of apology stating an error had occurred and that I did not owe them anything.
Several years later now, I have received an "EXTREMELY PAST DUE" invoice and it threatens my account will "be sent to collections March 1, 2008".
They know I have never owed them money. I pay only what I owe and always ontime.

fort worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMC-Satellite/Great-Falls-Virginia-22066/VMC-Satellite-VMC-sent-a-letter-threatening-collection-for-satellite-installation-that-ne-310672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMC Satellite