Complaint Review: VMS Alarm Systems

• Reported By: Sigvor — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
VMS Alarm Systems
316 Pacasset Ave. Ste 205 Providence, Rhode Island United States of America

VMS Alarm Systems Monitronics Nuisance Calls Providence, Rhode Island

Received a cold call last year. I was actually thinking about getting a security alarm system, so I heard them out, decided that the price was right, & made arrangements to have a system installed. I was given a four hour time window. No one showed. I began looking on the internet & found complaints about this company's aggressive sales techniques & practically non-existent service. I decided to make arrangements with a well-known reputable security alarm company. About 2 hours after their 4 hour window, I received a call from VMS blaming the employee, & wanting to re-schedule. I told them don't bother, I've made other arrangements. For the next 3 weeks, they kept calling not only my home phone, but also my cell phone, which is also my work phone. When I finally got angry with them & began asking "why are you calling me?...I've told you repeatedly I've made other arrangements & I'm not interested" they stopped. Then they apparently gave my phone number to other companies generating more nuisance calls. I know this because a number of them have been about security systems, & some which won't identify themselves are calling both my home phone & my work/cell phone. Lately I've been getting calls from 987-570-2241 first on my home phone, then immediately after, my work/cell phone. No one is there when I answer, & no message is left when I don't. I know this is some telemarketer that got my phone numbers from VMS because I don't give out my work/cell phone number. The only reason I gave it to VMS was as a contact number if there was a problem at my house (at the time, I was expecting to contract with them). These people are all telemarketing, no service or consideration. If you speak to them any longer than it takes to say you're not interested, you'll never have any peace & quiet again. By the way, I'm on the do not call list, they never should have called me to begin with, much less sell my name & phone numbers to other telemarketers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VMS-Alarm-Systems/Providence-Rhode-Island-02909/VMS-Alarm-Systems-Monitronics-Nuisance-Calls-Providence-Rhode-Island-857556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VMS Alarm Systems