Complaint Review: Vocus, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 04, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 04, 2012

• Reported By: Bruce — Quinlan Texas USA
Vocus, Inc.
12051 Indian Creek Court Beltsville, Maryland United States of America

Vocus, Inc. Vocus Vocus, the "No Refunds" company Beltsville, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Yes Please let Ashlee know

*Consumer Comment: Question:

After business hours on May 31, 2012, we faxed our copy of a contract, along with credit card information,to Vocus. Fax No. 301-459-2827. This was for their "Vocus Marketing Suite - Bronze - Advanced Releases w/ 2 per month (Limit 1 Domain)" in the amount of $2,400.00, to be charged to our credit card over 3 months @ $800.00 per month.  (They added $66.00 tax to the first invoice #74839, Sales Order #66304.)

They also sent us an invoice #74840 for July's payment in the same amount, $866.00.

They ALSO sent us a copy, dated Friday, June 1, 2012, of PayPal's "Perform Transaction - Result" showing "Transaction ID VXHA9B836E75, Authorization Code 00492G" in the amount of $866.  This was--supposedly--done on their PayPal account (number not shown on receipt).  Status was "Approved".

The next day, I received a call from one of Vocus' competitors who warned me that Vocus would do nothing for us, promotion-wise, and he urged me to exercise my "3-day right-to-rescind" the contract.

I did a number of internet searches and did find others for whom Vocus had "done nothing" and one very disturbing legal issue regarding children about their sales director.

At 1:39am on June 3rd I sent Vocus a letter exercising my "3-day right-to-rescind", demanding a refund of any monies charged and rescinding my approval of further charges.  I also called PayPal this morning, June 4th, regarding "Transaction ID VXHA9B836E75" (I had to speak to a live person to get the issue understood.)

The PayPal agent told me that "Transaction ID VXHA9B836E75" was NOT a valid Transaction ID Number.  So, that "receipt" sent to us from Vocus was a FRAUDULENT DOCUMENT, probably sent to us so we'd feel comfortable with our dealings with Vocus.

I demanded our money back and that no further charges be made to our card.  I got an email from the salesman saying that they didn't give refunds ... so we are proceeding with our credit card company to do a chargeback.

If anyone would like, I will email you a copy of Vocus' fraudulent PayPal receipt.  My contact info can be found at the bottom of most pages at www.internet-grocer.net

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2012 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vocus-Inc/Beltsville-Maryland-20705/Vocus-Inc-Vocus-Vocus-the-No-Refunds-company-Beltsville-Maryland-892774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vocus, Inc.

Yes Please let Ashlee know

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Ashlee must know so she can print more rubbish

Question:

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

What 3 day right to recend are you referring to? Is it spelled out in your contract? There is not law requiring a 3 day period to recend a contract (except in some very specific things, like door-to-door salesmen)

Can you tell me where this information is from? if not, then you are bound by the contract unless they break it.