Complaint Review: Volusion - Marketing (Fast Traffic Dept.)

• Submitted: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Lake Elsinore California
Volusion - Marketing (Fast Traffic Dept.)
Austin, Texas USA

Volusion - Marketing (Fast Traffic Dept.) Paid $1,197 for Marketing Services and Received Nothing! Austin, Texas

I had a website through Volusion.com and paid $1,197 for them to create a shopping feed for 90 days to help my product(s) show up in search results.  I received one sale in the amount of $67.25 during this time.

Initially, I was lead to believe by the sales team that this would generate a substantial income so that I could invest in one of their longer-term, more expensive marketing strategies.  I ended the campaign a week early and took my shop to another online platform after only receiving one sale during the entire campaign, totaling $67.25.

I approached them about this prior to taking my business elsewhere and received no effort on their behalf in terms of being willing to work with me to make this a successful venture for my business.

My adwords campaign was initially quoted to me at and additional $300 per month.  During the entire campaign, I paid approximately $120 in adwords, with the first 2 months totaling about $80.  I expressed to them that their campaign was no where near as aggressive as I was told it would be.  They said they would increase it, but as I neared the end of my campaign and had only one sale, they wouldn't work with me at all.  I specifically requested they run the campaign for an additional 90 days at no charge to me, except for the additional cost of the adwords.  They touted the one sale as a success!  (Really?)  The only thing they offered to me was to take my remaining week or two that was left in this campaign and apply it to another form of advertising through them.  The shopping feed was the least expensive advertising they offered, which meant I would have to invest even more money on advertising that was ineffective and producing no results.

To be fair and totally honest, the Volusion support department (separate from their marketing department) was thorough and extremely helpful throughout the entire time I had my store on their platform.  They were a pleasure to work with and saved me a lot of headaches when setting up my store initially.

However, I absolutely do NOT recommend their marketing strategies, specifically the Shopping Feed.  I sell a product that is in very high demand.  There is a lot of competition and I understand these results may not be guaranteed, but their handling of the situation and refusal to work with me further to correct the issue was extremely unprofessional.  And the end result is that I spent a lot of money and received nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volusion-Marketing-Fast-Traffic-Dept/Austin-Texas-/Volusion-Marketing-Fast-Traffic-Dept-Paid-1197-for-Marketing-Services-and-Received-1047156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volusion - Marketing (Fast Traffic Dept.)