Complaint Review: Volusion

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: Jeff — Troutman North Carolina
Volusion
9300 United Drive Suite Austin, Texas USA

Volusion Delusional Volusion - Crooks at every turn. Kevin Sproles & Clay Oliver ringleaders of this band of theives. Austin Texas

After 3.5 years with 3D cart we were having some issues, not being resolved to my satisfaction I decided it was time for a switch in e-commerece platforms, asked around, looked at what some of our vendors were using asked questions of these vendors and I gave Volusion a try. I signed up for Volusions 14 day FREE TRIAL.

During my 14 day free trial with Volusion many of the features and functions are disabled, basically I can see what my store could looks like with a Volusion template with my company logo. Maybe 2 days went by when Phoebe Tucker an e-comm consultant telephoned me, asking me how I like Volsuion and please selects a payment plan so I can experience the full workings of Volusion. This is not my first dance, I asked questions over several days, I dotted my I's and crossed my T's, sadly I did not research the companies negative feedback before taking the plunge for the Gold Plan. People please do not make the same mistake check out their BBB complaints, and find honest consumer reports like RIPOFF REPORT, not a paid or created webpage Voluison has on-line.

I was informed by Volusion and Ms. Tucker, 30 day money back guarantee, with the Gold Plan I have Priority support via telephone/ticket/e-mail (more on this later). I searched for the T&C none to be found before buying the plan, once you provide your CC info, submit your payment, then you get the GOTCHA of their T&C and legal drivel.

It takes 2 days or so for Voluison to set you up on their servers with the features of your package, after 5 days I was still waiting for all my features. My current store with 3D Cart has about 2640 products, moving this to Volusion is a massive undertaking, forget about importing .csv files this does not populate in the Volusion backend software (Version 13). After my account was funded I was told by Ms. Tucker I would be contacted by my dedicated Volusion account manager who was Tania Momin who handed me off to Graham Hollister a poor schlub trying to earn a living, who scheduled an appointment with me a few more days away to spend an hour with me learning the backend Volusion confusion software. Here I'm now about 8 days into my funded Gold Plan and still working thru this confusioning poorly laid out user interface for adding categories, products, promotions, I never did receive FTP access to upload the 30K images I have for my stores products.

Per Phoebe and Tania, any issues I have Graham will be my main point of contact, he will be my go to Volusion guru. About 3 days into my funded Volsuion Gold Plan, I tried getting my store built, it took a day or so of searching for a PDF for Version 13 interface (user guide), versus a bunch of 101 second videos which are useless. I decided to try their PRIORITY support, a call to the dedicated Priority support toll free number informed me there was a 45 minute wait, please leave my name and number and a rep will call me back. That never happened. For the record I had 4 telephone calls into Priority technical support, never once hearing a living breathing person on the other end. Several tickets were placed in the Volusion system, 1 was answered on the same day. If your waiting for an answer read this from the Volusion ticketing sustem( Please allow up to 2 business days for us to respond to requests submitted via email or ticket.) unacceptable. After 7 calendar days I never had a call back from Volusion, 3 support tickets are still unanswered, in which world is this considered Priority?

Not enjoying my Volusion experience I sucked up my pride and called 3D Cart back to not cancel my account. Now to cancel Volsuion. Telephone voice messages and e-mails to Phoebe Tucker went un-returned over 3 days, I submitted 2 additional tickets to cancel my account which were never answered, when Graham finally telephoned me to ask why I was unhappy with my Volsuion experiences, I told him I want out, I cannot wait until our meeting to learn the backend, he reluctantly e-mailed me their cancellation procedures (see eblow). Per Graham I need to create another ticket to obtain a refund. I wonder what part of Money Back Guarantee is no refunds - ever?

To cancel, you can either follow the instructions below or simply review the listed terms at the bottom of this email and reply, “Yes, I agree to these terms.”

To cancel your store, please visit http://my.volusion.com/customercare.aspx and follow the instructions provided. Be sure to log in with the primary email address associated with the account you want to cancel. Also, please note that you must use the above link to cancel your store, otherwise your store will remain active and you will continue to be billed.

Keep in mind that you can also place the store on-hold at this link.  This will freeze your account data and keep it on our servers for $9.95 a month.  It will stay there if you should decide to return.

Please read the following terms

-All monthly hosting plan cancellations must be processed through this form. No other method to attempt cancellation will be honored. Furthermore, cancellation applies only to the individual monthly hosted plan selected in the cancellation form. To cancel additional hosting plans, you must submit the form once for each plan. No refunds will be granted for fees accrued due to failure to properly cancel any undesired hosting plans.

In the event of monthly hosting plan cancellation, your store data will be permanently removed from our servers without opportunity for recovery. Volusion accepts no responsibility for business damage related to data loss. If you would like us to continue preserving your data, you can place your store on hold here.

All monthly hosting plans are charged on a prepaid basis. In the event of cancellation, we do not offer a prorated refund for the remainder of your final billing cycle.

To prevent your next regularly-scheduled monthly payment from automatically drafting, you must submit your cancellation prior to the first day of your next billing cycle (dates are available at all times here).
We do not offer refunds of monthly fees.

We do not offer refunds for SSL certificates or completed Design Services. No exceptions will be granted.
If you would like a .pfx file of an unexpired Volusion SSL Certificate sent as an attachment, please create a ticket request for the ‘Billing’ category prior to submitting your cancellation, and refrain from cancellation submission until you have received and verified the attachment (allow up to three business days from the date of ticket submission to receive the attachment). Failure to follow this procedure will result in deletion of your SSL certificate along with your store data. Deleted SSL certificates will not be reissued or refunded. No refunds will be granted for fees charged in the interim between ticket request and cancellation submission. Billing cycle dates are available at all times here.

Why is this not divulged prior to signing up, if you want to go FISHING Volusion is your partner, they sure know how to BAIT the hook or in my case SUCKER!

Now I will file another complaint with the BBB and begin the process of a chargeback against Volusion, cheaper than a lawsuit. If you want an e-comm solution go with 3D Cart they know how to take care of their customers. They were shocked when I cancelled our account, whatever issues I had were esclated upon my return and I'm a happy camper again, they also answer their phones, return calls, e-mails and tickets usually within a few minutes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volusion/-Austin-Texas-78758/Volusion-Delusional-Volusion-Crooks-at-every-turn-Kevin-Sproles-Clay-Oliver-ringlead-1079706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volusion