Complaint Review: Vom Ron German Shepherds

• Updated: Sat, December 01, 2012

• Reported By: Luvgsds26 — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Vom Ron German Shepherds
610 Centennial Rd. Rutherfordton, North Carolina United States of America

Vom Ron German Shepherds Joan Ronalder, Working Line Breeders, www.k9ring.com, vomrongermanshepherds, www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/breeders/1100124/20061~.aspx, germanshepherdplanet.com/index.php?a=5&b=395&c=35, getger DON'T Buy, Doesn't stand behind health guarantee. Sold me a dog with severe ED & won't replace, $3k in vet bills & have to sue them. Rutherfordton, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Update

*Author of original report: Be very very weary of Von Ron German shepherds

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Factual rebuttal

Save yoursself the heartache and headache. Please buy elsewhere unless you want a breeder that doesn't stand behind the health of their puppies!!!!! Too many GOOD breeders out there that will stand behind their dogs not just give you the run around and try and find any & every excuse to get out of the Contract!!!

I bought a puppy from them and the dog was completely lame @ 19 months from elbow dysplasia, he had a Fractured Coronoid Process (FCP) which is 100% genetic. Cost Over $4k in vet bills to diagnose & treat.

Breeder blamed me said I caused a genetic disorder.

They will act concerned about the dog, they aren't they are only Concerned with making money which is evident because they initially told me they would replace if I gave them $1k because now they sell th for twice what they were when I bought Mine. Real concerned right!!

After I told them what he had they NEVER asked how he was, great people right!!!!

I can't stress enough these people will not stand behind their dogs and they are still breeding the dogs that produced my dog!!!

What does that tell you, they only care about making money!!!!!

I can prove everything I said here just contact me because if you ask them about this they will tell you they tried to accommodate me, which they didn't according to our contract!!

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!

There are WAY TOO MANY GOOD BREEDERS that do stand behind their dogs if you want to know any. Contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vom-Ron-German-Shepherds/Rutherfordton-North-Carolina-28139/Vom-Ron-German-Shepherds-Joan-Ronalder-Working-Line-Breeders-wwwk9ringcom-vomrongerm-806991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vom Ron German Shepherds

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Update

AUTHOR: joan - (USA)

Just did a search on OFA website for Durham Vom Ron, the 8 week old puppy Melody bought from me  10/25/2008.  The search came up "No report found".

Be very very weary of Von Ron German shepherds

AUTHOR: Luvgsds26 - (United States of America)

Everything this breeder posted is LIES!! With the exception of his elbow has done good since the five thousand dollar surgery that the vet said he will never be able to play fetch and jump. This has nothing to do with the fact the dog has Elbow Dysplasia (ED) and I do have a signed contact that covers elbows and emails that state I could have either a 4 month old female or a choice of a puppy from one of two upcoming litters and when I didn't want a 4 month old dog they couldn't sell and were trying to get rid of they changed their story.

I DO have a report from OFA rating the dog's elbow dysplasia. It will be posted on the Internet as soon as I can scan it and am able to upload it. That way if the video of the dog suffering from the effects of ED aren't enough to go elsewhere to get a healthy dog the OFA reports will be!!

Also I came home a week ago to find this dog unable to walk. X-rays showed a severely arthritic spine on a four year old dog, the vet said he has the Lumbar and cervical spine of a fourteen year old dog. I guess they want to blame me for That too!!!! I have had large dogs all my life and have a German shepherd (from a reputable breeder that cares about their dogs) that is 6 weeks younger than this dog is and she is perfectly healthy!!! Has done exactly what he has done her whole life, has eaten the exact same high quality food he has and has been treated exactly has he has. Please explain this!!!

Now I am forced to make a choice, have the dog undergo another traumatic surgery that will cost $6-$10k or put him down!!!

Do you want to face this?!?! Do you want to have to make this choice?? Why buy from a breeder OFA states sold a dog with severe elbow dysplasia and severe arthritis in his entire spine at four years old???? I'm terrified to X-ray this dogs hips for fear of what they will show!!

Please, please, please, I am not some money hungry person that wants a free dog. I am a 299% animal lover that would never do anything to harm my dogs. I have gone way beyond what the average dog owner would have done to save this dog.

I do have a signed contract that covers HD & ED, whether or not they have a copy is up to their records. I know I have one and if I refused to sign it as they say why would they let me leave with the dog?!?

And if I abuse my dogs as they say why haven't they filed a complaint with animal control and did everything in their power to get the dog from me?!?! Because it never happened and they know it is just an excuse to not replace the dog my contract says they have to replace.

If they offered to replace it as they have said why wouldn't I have taken it, why would I go through all this?!?!

Also funny that this is the first place they have said the contract doesn't cover ED!!!

I have over 30 emails of excuses why they won't replace it and NONE say because I abuse my dogs (they just posted it here) and none say the contract doesn't cover ED (again, they just posted that here).

If you want to see the 101 ridiculous excuses they have tried to use to not replace this dog let me know and I will email you a copy of all of them (one says that as long as I had a Belgian Malinois they won't replace it because they would kill each other, dumbest thing I've ever heard especially since I had the Malinois with the male I got from them and a female GSD, all got along great). If I could post all of the emails here I would.

Honestly people, they sold me a dog with ED, severe arthritis in his entire spine, he's four and can barely walk. Nothing I did caused this and I do have a signed contract that these people refuse to comply with. I have filed a breach of contract lawsuit and a slander lawsuit for stating on the Internet I abuse my dogs. Would I go though all this while I now live half way across the country and would I travel half way across the country to go to court if they have tried to replace him as they originally say in their first reply to this report??

Read all their comments, their story changes, mine stays the same!!!

Save yourself from the heartbreak I am going through, not only from his health issues but from their refusal to comply with the contract I signed and have in my possession, whether or not they have a copy is irrelevant especially since again here is the only place they have stated this also!!! Their ever changing story and excuses cannot be believable to anyone!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Factual rebuttal

AUTHOR: joan - (USA)

There are several inaccuracies and omissions in this report.  She bought the puppy in  October 2008.   My contract at that time did not cover elbows.  First I'd like to say that she refused to sign the contract.  There is no signed contract on file even though  there are signed contracts from the other people who got puppies from the same litter.

A year and a half ago I revised the contract to cover elbows.  November of 2010, after the contract had been revised, this woman contacted me and told me how great the dog was doing after she had left elbow surgery 8 months prior.  She said the right side elbow was worse but that he was doing super and "he was worth every penny she ever spent on him". She wanted to know if I was ever going to cover elbows in my contract.  My contract by then had been revised to cover elbows.  She went on to tell me how good the dog was doing in his training at club and, as soon as she got him under control, the trainers would let her start him in protection training.They said "he was going to be awesome"  She asked if I had an older puppy that I would make a deal with her on so that she could train in Mondio Ring.  I had a 12 week old female I had started in training, and sent her pictures. I told her that I would give this female to her to compensate the problem with her dog's elbow even though the contract at the time she bought her puppy did not cover elbows.  She said that she wasn't taking a four month old puppy ( her interpretation of the age) to replace one that was only 8 weeks old when she bought it.  She wanted one of the exact bloodlines as the one that she had.  I did not have a puppy for her so I told her when I had one available I would let her know.

She then demanded that I breed a certain pair of dogs and have  an 8 week old sable male puppy available within 6 months or she would take me to court and would smear me everywhere on the internet that she could find.  I offered her a FULL refund and she could buy her replacement puppy so she could get her own replacement and on her designated timeline.  She declined that offer and reiterated that she wanted a puppy from a certain female within 6 months "or else".  I contacted a lawyer who advised me to have the woman call me and make arrangements to deliver the dog and I would hand her a full refund check.
I have been harassed continuiously for over a year but she would not accept any offer to compensate her.  Mind you this was all on a contract that didn't even cover elbows.

It has been over a year since I made any breedings.  When I did breed a pair recently, I contacted this woman again, trying to satisfy  her.  During this year she has said on numerous occasions that the dog's right side elbow  ( left elbow had been operated on) was so bad the dog could barely walk.   My revised contract, which I am willing to apply to her case, requires OFA rating of the elbow before replacement can be made.  This woman has flatly refused to not only get Xrays of the right elbow but won't even address the problem that she stated in the past is crippling the dog.  The revised contract does not cover replacement after surgery   because the surgery would modify the results from OFA.  I am willing to give her a puppy but she flatly refuses to provide OFA rating of what she has termed "crippling ED" in the right side elbow.

Instead of getting OFA verification she has chosen to smear me all over the internet.  I have offered her a replacement or a full refund many times in the last year, which she has flatly declined, because she is demanding a puppy of the same or very similar breeding to the one she has or else she is going to smear me all over the internet.  I'm willing to provide her a replacement puppy but she has to also abide by the contract and proivde OFA verification that the right side elbow is affected.