Complaint Review: Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond)

• Submitted: Tue, January 07, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: S.V. Watson — Georgia
Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond)
195 Old Fairburn Close SW Atlanta, Georgia USA

Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond) Puppy Miller, Backyard Breeder, German Shepherd Puppy Miller, German Shepherd Backyard Breeder Atlanta Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LAWSUIT FOR DEFAMATION

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Proof I DO Honor My Health Guarantee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: STILL REQUESTING PROOF

*Author of original report: German Shepherd Backyard Breeder Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond)

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Provide Proof

I had purchased a female Black and Tan German Shepherd puppy from from Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond) in 2012. When I brought her (my new puppy) home...the puppy was very fearful (scared), improperly socialized, had food aggression, and defecated and peed all over my kitchen floor and my living room floorand her own crate. Two days later, she (the puppy) became extremely lethargic, had blood in her stool, had vomiting, had severe diarrhea, went from 27 pounds to 15 pounds, would not drink, and would not eat.

I took her to my own vet the next day and was informed that she indeed had Canine Parvo Virus. I called Carmen up the following day and asked her what I am suppose to do and to get advice. She simply brushed and blew me off and told me that it is my problem and not her problem. She simply did not care at all. I paid $850 for the puppy itself and spent close to $2,500 on her veterinary medical care, including the fact that she had to be there for three whole days.

The puppy I had purchased from Carmen Diamond (Von Der Diamondburg Kennels) also had to have a blood transfusion from my vet's own adult Pit Bull Masey to replenish the blood she had lost while she was there. I spent day after day and night after night worrying and hoping that she would pull through and she did. I was so terrified that I would lose my baby girl to her illnesses and to a breeder who just never gave a lick of care to her and for her. The health guarantee that Carmen Diamond has in her own contract is ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS and USELESS!

My baby girl is now one year of age and will be two years old this year. She is now thriving and doing well today. She is at a normal healthy weight size. She still has some food aggression to work on, but I am working with her on that. Carmen Diamond IS NOT a RESPONSIBLE and REPUTABLE breeder of German Shepherds. She ONLY CARES about the money that she WILL MAKE off this gorgeous breed of dog.

Carmen Diamond is a TRUE PUPPY MILLER and a TRUE BACKYARD BREEDER. She absolutely DOES NOT CARE AT ALL for ANY of her dogs and puppies. Carmen Diamond (Von Der Diamondburg Kennels) IS a TRULY LOUSY and TRULY EVIL person. I WILL NEVER ever PURCHASE a puppy FROM her EVER AGAIN! I am a FIRM believer in the saying "what comes around, goes around" and in karma. I know that she will get what she has coming to her what she deserves one day soon enough.

Carmen Diamond is a TRUE SERIAL DOG ABUSER! She ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT CARE who she hurts at all. She also DOES NOT CARE at all who she dupes or scams! I will make known to all who WILL listen to me in the German Shepherd Dog community known about her and the kind of person she is and how she treats her puppy buyers! I WILL make sure that she she NEVER SELLS a puppy with temperament issues and illness to ANY OTHER unsuspecting puppy buyer ever again!

She (Carmen Diamond), TRULY IS a COMPLETELY STUPID BACKYARD BREEDER and a COMPLETELY STUPID PUPPY MILLER!

She (Carmen Diamond) also ABUSES ALL of her adult dogs and puppies! She (Carmen Diamond) IS also a SERIAL DOG ABUSER!

STEER CLEAR of this GERMAN SHEPHERD BACKYARD BREEDER and GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPY MILLER! DO NOT PURCHASE a puppy from her AT ALL WHATSOEVER!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Von-Der-Diamondburg-Kennels-Carmen-Diamond/Atlanta-Georgia-30331/Von-Der-Diamondburg-Kennels-Carmen-Diamond-Puppy-Miller-Backyard-Breeder-German-Sheph-1113746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LAWSUIT FOR DEFAMATION

AUTHOR: Von der Diamondburg - ()

I am pursuing this now. As soon as I have a case number I will let you know.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Proof I DO Honor My Health Guarantee

AUTHOR: Von der Diamondburg - ()

I’ve decided to provide proof that I DO honor my health guarantee. And by telling this story it should also give testament to the type of breeder I am (in addition to my client testimonies on my website) and my character.

I bred Harper who was born 10/18/2012. Unfortunately Harper was born with a rare condition (that I was unaware of until after the new owners took her) called mesoesophagus. She was the only one in her litter to have such a problem and it was her mom’s first and only litter. This condition prevents the dogs from eating whole foods unless they have a high risk surgery. To better explain, when the puppies are in the embryonic stage there is a vein around the esophagus that should fall off by the time the puppy is born. However, with ME (mesoesophagus) that vein does not come off but rather stays around the esophagus which causes the constriction. This constriction prevents the ability to consume whole foods. That is what the surgery is for…to remove the vein and thus the constriction. I have to reiterate that this is a rare condition and something that a breeder would not necessarily test for (like DM) in choosing their breeding stock.

However, once this was discovered by the new owners (within 72 hours of taking her home) and after extensive testing at their regular vet and with a specialist at the University of Georgia, Harper was officially diagnosed. During the whole time that the new owners were going through the testing I stayed in constant conversation with them either by phone or email. One of the owners even called me (in tears) from UGA right after they got the diagnosis and I compassionately spoke with her about it. I have to also say that I am STILL on good terms with these purchasers and now we even speak occasionally just to say hello. These individuals did ultimately decide to return Harper based on her condition. Although the condition is not life threatening the care Harper would need as described by the vet was not something the new owners could commit to. The new owners did ask that I give them some of their money back to cover the testing expenses. Although this is NOT in my contract (just that they get a replacement puppy) I did refund $350 of their money and STILL TOOK THE PUPPY BACK!

But I didn’t stop there! I did not put Harper down as even my vet suggested. Based on Harper’s energy level and appetite she did not act like a “sick” puppy. She had a healthy appetite (even though all she could have was food in liquid form) and high puppy energy. Based on this it was hard to make the decision to put her down. So I made the decision to keep her and GET THE SURGERY! Regular vets will not do such a surgery because it is too high risk. Essentially they have to go into the chest cavity to operate. Only university hospitals will do such a surgery. The closest teaching hospital to me was Tuskegee University in Alabama (about a 2 hour drive from me). But I did get the surgery done for her and Harper still lives with me today! I have also gotten her spayed as I cannot of course breed her with this condition. This was not an inexpensive procedure either. It cost roughly $2,000.00 after everything was done and that was one of the lowest estimates I got.

What I would love to know is if this is something an unethical backyard breeder OR puppy miller would do??? Absolutely not! A puppy miller would not have sought vet care but rather let Harper waste away. Essentially she would have starved to death because she could not keep down whole foods and a puppy miller would not take the time to accommodate her special diet needs. While Harper was dying of starvation a puppy miller also would probably try to get at least one litter out her in spite of her physical condition and genetic issue. There is no way in the world that we could have done business together (meaning you bought a puppy from me) because if you had you would not be making the character assassinations that you are that are completely FALSE. And to make a point that this story is not made up as yours is, I HAVE PROVIDED PROOF OF MY STATEMENT. I have attached Harper’s AKC registration paper to prove that she does exist, the vet bill for her surgery from Tuskegee University (with contact info), the vet bill from her spay surgery (with contact info) and one of the several emails between myself and the puppy buyer to show that our conversation was friendly in nature and not hostile in spite of the situation. I’ve even included photos of Harper from when she was a very young puppy until now. One of the photos also shows her right after I picked her up from her surgery (the photo of her in the car with the bandage around her chest).

Not only is what I’ve done something a puppy miller would not do but also what many people would not do. To take on a “special needs” dog is not a light hearted commitment that my doing so should also relay the message that I am not just a breeder but an animal lover. I genuinely care about my puppies and encourage my buyers to stay in touch with me and send me photos and updates. Why else do you think I have a Testimonials Page??

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

STILL REQUESTING PROOF

AUTHOR: Von der Diamondburg - ()

What you are doing is called DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. What's interesting is that you are going to great lengths to write all of this fabricated information. But why can you not say who you are (your're real name) and provide proof of this transaction - that you even bought a puppy from me? The truth is you have not purchased a puppy from me. As requested before, please provide the following information to authenticate your "story":

1. A copy of the contract signed by both of us that I give all of my true puppy buyers

2. A copy of the AKC registration form that I give all of my true puppy buyers

3. Names of the parents of your puppy

3. When was your puppy born in 2012?

4. A copy of the vet bills showing this "parvo treatment"

5. Your vet's name, business address and phone number for me to contact and discuss the "treatment"

To make these accusations and now you are saying you are going to move forward and start a blog about this without offering any type of proof of what you are saying should definitely call into question your character and the authenticity of what you are saying.

German Shepherd Backyard Breeder Von Der Diamondburg Kennels (Carmen Diamond)

AUTHOR: S.V. Watson - ()

I DO NOT have to show you proof. I have all the copies, reports, and bills right in front of me. I plan to make a blog warning others of you and how you sold me a sick puppy. I have friends who raise German Shepherds and they told me that I made a HUGE mistake purchasing from you. I am glad I rescued this German Shepherd from the likes of your ABUSIVE and NEGLECTIVE ways. I cannot wait for KARMA to HIT you like a TON OF BRICKS! I know you don't even health test your dogs for DM (Degenerative Myelopathy), Hip Dysplasia, and Elbow Dysplasia. You are an EXTREMELY LOUSY and EXTREMELY TERRIBLE BACKYARD BREEDER.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Provide Proof

AUTHOR: Von der Diamondburg - ()

First of all I want to say that these accusations are completely FALSE. I have never had ANYONE contact me about parvo on any of my puppies. I need you to authenticate yourself. What is your full name and address? Also please provide a copy of your contract as I keep copies of all of those. And who were the parents of your "puppy" you "purchased" from me. I also always give my puppy buyers a copy of their AKC registration form. Can you provide a copy of that as well to show which litter this "puppy" came from? And please provide copies of your vet bills for this so called parvo treatment you paid for? I would also like to speak to the vet that treated the "puppy".

I would really like to know who you are. The fine print of this report says that it was reported from a time zone in Arizona. However, you have your name as S.V. Watson (why are you using initials?) in Georgia. So where are you located? I have never sold a puppy to anyone in Arizona.

I have quite a few references of people that did buy puppies from me that are quite happy with their puppies and communicated such to me. The testimonials page on my website shows that. I do not run a puppy mill. My dogs are well provided for and taken care of and what you are describing is completely uncharacteristic of how I do business.

Please provide the above information.