Complaint Review: Von's Grocery Store

• Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: hellonearth — Newport Beach California United States of America
Von's Grocery Store
2701 Harbor Boulevard Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Von's Grocery Store Night Shift Manager Amanda? Blonde, White Trash B*tch Costa Mesa, California

*Consumer Comment: I wonder

*Consumer Comment: I think you have other issues...

*General Comment: What exactly is the ripoff here?

*General Comment: Hmm.

*Consumer Comment: Aren't you special

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Comment: Sorry, the store is right

I went to Vons grocery store to buy some cat food and soda.  I was harassed on the way in by two scrubby looking white trash guys.  Two of the guys that were outside but working in the store kept eye balling me.  Anyways, after I got in, I found what I needed and went to the register where this Amanda, Mandy or chubby, thirties, thin-lipped, greasy haired blonde was working.  She rang up my stuff and demanded my Vons card.  I said it was at the bottom of my purse and could she just swipe a card as I needed to get home in a hurry.  She said no discount without the card.  Now, I've been to Albertsons, Ralphs, Safeway, etc. and if I don't happen to have the card, they ring one through at the register.

This bi*ch gave me the hardest time and then expected me to give my phone number out to verify my card was good in front of these strange scary, street looking customers.  Yeah, right.  So I asked for a manager.  She claimed she was the manager.  I asked for the store manager and she wrote some lady's name down with a phone number on it.  I told her that she was very rude and disrespectful to her customers.  "She told me if you want the discount, you have to present the card.  It's called rules."  In a real sarcastic, rude tone of voice."  I said, "excuse me, I'm the customer.  You need to be polite and stop acting like a white trash bitch."  To which she called me white trash and f*** you.  Then, she said that everything was being videotaped and that she could say whatever she wants to whoever she wants.

Needless to say, I called Von's corporate office.  They said that the lady she wrote down wasn't even the manager.  I guess this lady thinks she's slick since she's one of the few people there on shift.  I guess she thinks she can pull whatever.  Don't ever make the mistake of shopping in this grocery store with their obnoxious, trashy clerks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2010 04:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vons-Grocery-Store/Costa-Mesa-California-/Vons-Grocery-Store-Night-Shift-Manager-Amanda-Blonde-White-Trash-Btch-Costa-Mesa-Ca-555746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Von's Grocery Store

I wonder

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

You're really melissa/alice/fajita girl/rtyr/sharon from Orlando Florida right? In all seriousness in the time you spent arguing with the clerk you could have dug your card out of your purse. And trust me NO ONE was checking you out.

Vons requires the card to be present in order to get the discount. So what if other stores let you slide? Don't policies vary from store to store?

I think you have other issues...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your city says it all..Newport Beach.

You are probably some stuck up "princess" who has had everything given to her on a silver platter.  You have probably never been told NO in your life, so when someone tries to hold you to the rules you totally freak out.

Well I have some news for you...the real world has rules.  From your posting you had an attitude even before you got there.  Where had you dropped the attitude it may have been different, and they may have just swiped another card.  By the way you can enter your phone number on the PIN pad and no one else would have seen it.

I would say that perhaps you should probably stick to your little area south of the 55 so you don't have to worry about any stereotypes such as the "strange scary and street looking customers".

So "princess" do you like being sterotyped?

#3 General Comment

What exactly is the ripoff here?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

I looked at the Vons website and read about this card:

It says to present your card at checkout and the discounts for your items will be applied. Alternatively, you can enter your phone number and still receive the discount.

You chose to do neither and the store is not obligated to give you a discount if you don't want to present your card.

You appear to just be angry that you didn't "win" your childish trash-talking game with the cashier.

#4 General Comment

Hmm.

AUTHOR: Cour_Sco1990 - (USA)

Well, you say you were in a hurry which makes me wonder.....in the amount of time you spent bickering with this woman, you could have simply got the card from your purse.

Also, how are you gonna call the woman a "white trash bitch" and then get upset because she cusses at you? DO UNTO OTHERS HONEY!

Aren't you special

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Calling people white trash, fat, greasy haired etc etc - My guess is that you must be a super model hummm NOT

The Cashier was right - you want the discount use your card and stop with the premadonna attitude if you want friendly service -

Grow up and get over yourself

Response

AUTHOR: hellonearth - (United States of America)

Let me guess, you work for this crummy store or you're her right?  And if you read the whole report, you would have read that it isn't the fact that I had a card or not.  It's the fact that she was being rude about it and attacking me personally, because I didn't have the card right on me.  So you can salute her all you want.  As soon as someone comes through her line who gets a little sick of her attitude, she'll get the good slap in the face she so richly deserves - cameras and all.  I know that you idiots think that security cameras can protect you from everything, but it only takes a person one second to land their fist in your jaw and walk never to be seen again.  So have fun.

Sorry, the store is right

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You had the card, you were just too damn lazy to get it out.  If you knew you were going to shop there you should have already had it out before you got to the checkout counter.

It doesn't matter what other stores might do, you were in this one.

It seems simple to me.  If you're too lazy to present the card as required, you don't get the discount. Actually you are the b***h and I applaud the checkout person for standing her ground. Good for her!