Complaint Review: VRBO Rental Nobel Dr.

• Submitted: Thu, October 21, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, November 08, 2010

• Reported By: Russ — Prescott Valley Arizona USA
VRBO Rental Nobel Dr.
3957 E Nobel Dr. San Diego, Ca. San Diego, California United States of America

VRBO Rental Nobel Dr. Nobel Dr. VRBO RENTALS- Jessica Flowers Bed Bugs & Fleas! Bed Bugs & Fleas! San Diego, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This person tried to blackmail us for a free vacation.

I let Jessica Flowers know that an M.D. diagnosed my wife with an attack of Bed Bugs. If you are planning to rent a condo from her on Nobel Dr. be prepared to spend the week itching with bed bugs or as Jessica says (I found one flea on the bed and captured it).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2010 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VRBO-Rental-Nobel-Dr/San-Diego-California-92122/VRBO-Rental-Nobel-Dr-Nobel-Dr-VRBO-RENTALS-Jessica-Flowers-Bed-Bugs-Fleas-Bed-Bugs--653852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VRBO Rental Nobel Dr.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This person tried to blackmail us for a free vacation.

AUTHOR: Rental Operator - (United States of America)

Our company has a strict inspection procedure between all guest rental occupancies.  We are proud to have a track record of never having any bedbug or flea infestation in any of our rentals.

After we received this reporting individual's complaint, we hired a well-known and very large pest control company to inspect the rental this individual had occupied, for bed bugs and fleas.

The pest control company found no evidence what so ever that any bed bug has ever existed in that rental.  They also found absolutely no fleas.  The single flea I found must have been brought in by the current guests.  Maybe they had a pet that was not authorized to be in the rental.  I don't know.

I do know that even when we emailed a copy of the pest inspection report to this individual that they then still proceeded to threaten us and attempt to blackmail us for a free vacation.

The largest World-wide Vacation Rental Website, VRBO, is one of the places we advertise our rentals.  This individual also attempted to file a traveler complaint with VRBO, stating that his wife was attacked by bedbugs from our rental and that our rental was infested with bed bugs.  He sent in a photograph (no one knows when this photograph was taken) and only a few of the emails from the correspondence between he and myself.  He was doing his very best to skew the events that took place by not sending VRBO ALL of the documentation.

When I contacted VRBOs Trust and Security Department, who manages the traveler complaints, in response to the limited information he had sent them included as his documentation in his traveler complaint, I made sure to inculde ALL emails that were sent by him and ALL emails that were sent by myself.  I did not leave out any material fact or documentation.

When VRBO Trust and Security Department read the emails this individual had sent us, read our emails as well, and read all of the documentation we sent them, proving our innocence in this matter, they closed the traveler complaint case in under 24hrs from the time it was filed.  The traveler complaint case was closed in our favor.

In addition, we have asked this individual for a copy of their medical claim and supporting documentation, repeatedly, and still have never received anything to document the date and diagnosis of the supposed bites on his wife.

If this individual's slander causes a decrease in our business income we will be taking this situation to civil jurisdiction for a cease and desist order from the judge, compensation for all contractual losses incurred as a result of the slander, compensation for attorneys fees, and punitive damages as well.

We obtain all of our business online and we do not take online slander lightly.  Our legal counsel is very involved in this situation.  So, if you think that this individual had a great idea in hopes of getting a free vacation and you want to follow his example....Think Twice.

It was not a well-thought-out plan and may cost him and his family a significant amount of money down the road if we need and decide to pursue legal action.  Yet, very naively and with great ignorance he continues to not get legal advice of his own and continues to post slander online in various places, regarding our rentals.

Though I would like to state his name in my report, as he has done mine, I will not be involved in putting his personal information online without his consent.  I will let the judge be the one who decides what happens to him in the end.