Complaint Review: Vudu

• Updated: Sun, July 21, 2013

• Reported By: Morgan — Orlando Florida
Vudu
Santa Clara, California USA

Vudu Deceptive practices to get customers to sign up ("10 Free Movies!") Santa Clara California

Vudu pulls customers in by promising "10 free movies for signing up."  I signed up, went through the process -- of course, you have to provide a credit card number. NOWHERE was there anything indicating during the sign-up process that I could not choose my own movies.

So, we "rented" 7. On my next credit card bill, there are $40 worth of charges from Vudu. When I contacted the company, the customer service representative was very rude and told me that you get 10 free movies that Vudu chooses. I said this wasn't written anywhere. She replied, "It's under the terms of the agreement, which you didn not read."

Yes, this might have been in VERY SMALL writing somewhere, but, as I told her, this rule was nowhere easily seen or obvious at all.

This is false advertising, clearly.

Not only was their selection crappy, but I got charged for those movies after being promised they were free!

Chase (Visa) informed me they could not help me with these charges. So, I'm canceling my account with them as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vudu/Santa-Clara-California-95051/Vudu-Deceptive-practices-to-get-customers-to-sign-up-10-Free-Movies-Santa-Clara-Cali-1068870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vudu