Complaint Review: Wade's Automotive LLC

• Updated: Thu, January 02, 2014

• Reported By: Phil — Dallas Texas
Wade's Automotive LLC
658 West Kearney Springfield, Missouri USA

Wade's Automotive LLC - Not too good about the customer service / billing They did not listen to the customer and caused a delay then were rude about it Springfield Missouri

I was visiting family in Springfield and had been experiencing a problem with my car.  I pretty much had it figured out what was wrong, but without the proper tools I decided to take it to Wade's since I had heard some good things about them albeit secondhand information.

I called ahead and told them my diagnosis and then when I drove the vehicle over to the shop I left the car running and retold them what I would do if I were them.  I would, with the car warmed up, drive it.  If you let it cool down I warned them then it would not start acting up until about 10 or 15 minutes (you see I thought it was the electric fuel pump).  So I left the car running in front of the bay door and thought they would take my advice.  I needed to leave by the next afternoon so as not to lose any more time off of work.

Next morning I call them.  The owner says, they have the car in the shop and are idling it to see what the problem is and "no" they had not taken if for a drive like I requested when the car was warm the afternoon before.

I called again and then again now it is early afternoon and this "mechanic" says he can't find anything wrong with the car and he has had it in the shop with the motor running/idling it for over 6 hours.  I then made my suggestion again but they wouldn't take it.  Later I get a call back and they said that they tested it with their equipment for a low pressure / fuel pump problem and guess what it was exactly like I suggested it would be.  They then informed me that it was too late in the day to repair it and that I would have to wait until tomorrow. Great I think - I miss another day of work.

Next day I go to pick up the car and I register my complaint with "Wade".  I tell him that they should have taken the car for a drive the afternoon that I had first left it with them at the time the car was hesitating/stuttering/stalling and that if they weren't going to do that then they should have used the tools necessary to make the dx instead of eating up almost an entire day idling the car.  I questioned the qualifications of the mechanic.  A man that when told by the customer that the car has possible fuel pump problems that only demonstrate under acceleration chooses to idle  a car for hours.  Now this is what got me really agitated.

Mr "Wade" made it clear to me that

1.  He trusted his mechanic's means of discovery over any customer's suggestion.

2.  It didn't matter to him that I lost another day of work because of the stupidity of the mechanics method. (He told me  this mechanic had 25 years of experience and knew what he was doing)

3.  Why it didn't matter to him was - and this blew my mind more than anything - is that it is much harder to replace a mechaninc than to deal with an unhappy mechanic.  Franlky, I couldn't believe he said it, but I guess he had experience saying these things to customers before because he never even flinched.  I guess because I was from out of town he didn't have anything to lose.

So many hundreds later and with loss of another days work add a couple hundred or so more (my wife and I worked for the same company.   I just had to leave there with out any resolve.

I wouldn't go there at all if I wasn't from Springfield.  I have to tell you since that time I have the opportunity to use several other places in Springfield for auto repair and the only place I can recommend is Beetles Transmission (of course you have to have a tranny problem I don't think they do fuel pumps)

Wouldn't do Wade's Automotive at all. They claim to have a great record - free of complaints on the BBB etc., but most people just walk away and chalk it up to ... whatever.  Thanks Ripoffreport for giving me a voice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 04:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wades-Automotive-LLC-/Springfield-Missouri-65803/Wades-Automotive-LLC-Not-too-good-about-the-customer-service-billing-They-did-not-li-1112208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wade's Automotive LLC