Complaint Review: Wahoo Marine

• Updated: Sun, March 30, 2014

• Reported By: Brian W. — Temecula California
Wahoo Marine
721 Government Street Pensacola, Florida USA

Wahoo Marine Northwest Florida Outboard Wahoo Marine (aka Northwest Florida Outboard) Ripped Me Off For $6,350! Pensacola Florida

*Consumer Comment: They have moved to SW Florida

Do NOT use these guys!

I called Jim Lawrence at Wahoo Marine, (aka Northwest Florida Outboard) and asked him for a very specific year and model remanufactured powerhead (engine block). He said he had one, so I wired hime $6,350. In a couple of days he sent it to the U.S. Virgin Islands where my boat is located.

HE SENT THE WRONG BLOCK!

At first he argued with me about whether or not it was the right one, then I had my tech call him and even send him pictures to explain the difference in the powerheads. (This guy is supposed to be an expert?) He said he would send me a refund only after I paid to have the wrong block shipped back to him.

I explained that I was not going to pay any more money to return his mistake. After ignoring my calls and texts for a few days, he then said he found another powerhead and would send that. He was very evasive about exactly what year and model it was.

After I insisted he send photos of it to confirm it was the right one, he finally told me it was not the same one I asked and paid for. I told him I wanted a refund, and he ignored me for another 4 days. He says now that he will not give me a refund until I send him the block back. I told him I would send it "Freight Collect", or that he could arrange to pick it up any time. I have not heard from him since.

In addition to the powerhead he sent being the wrong year and model, it was also not a "remanufactured" powerhead as I had asked for. “Remanufactured” means that the cylinders are honed and the block is put back together with new internal parts. The block he sent was old and used, was full of old and used parts, as well as carbon deposits on the pistons (from use).

He now goes by Wahoo Marine, but he previously used the name, “Northwest Florida Outboard.”

Google his company and you will see that this guy has been ripping people off for years, as per these sites:

thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/240039-northwest-florida-outboard-4.html

pensacolafishingforum.com/f23/nwfl-outboard-machine-shop-anyone-used-110563/

These are the website URLs that they use:

Phone Numbers They Use:

(850) 483-3970

(877 )310-2628

Stay away from Jim Lawrence and Wahoo Marine, aka Northwest Florida Outboard.

They will take your money and/or ruin your engine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2014 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wahoo-Marine/Pensacola-Florida-32501/Wahoo-Marine-Northwest-Florida-Outboard-Wahoo-Marine-aka-Northwest-Florida-Outboard-Rip-1134862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wahoo Marine

They have moved to SW Florida

AUTHOR: Joe88 - ()

They also scammed me this month and I tracked their shipping to the Kendall area of Miami. These guys will be found Jim and his wife are scum taking money from hard working people and selling them a piece of junk. They are still using the God symbol on their website it is disgusting that they can use Christianity in this way they are nothing but liars and cheats and have no care for anyone but themselves. I will keep you in on what I find on their new location so you can look him in the eye and get your money back along with myself and I will be packing with the police