Complaint Review: waka network

• Submitted: Fri, June 15, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: kat — Modesto California United States of America
waka network

waka network wakanetwork.com Persistantly Blowing Up My Phone Every 10 Minutes, Internet

I received several missed calls from the number 415-121-6432 in just 15 minutes! I tried calling the number back but got a message saying the service I am attempting to use has been restricted or is unavailable.

Needless to say it didn't take long before I received another call from the same number. I didn't get to my phone fast enough to answer but didn't have to wait long. In less than 3 minutes I received another call.

A recording told me that I was eligable to receive a $100 Walmart gift card for the completion of an online survey I recently participated in.

The recording almost sounds like a live person was speaking to me and since the week before I had participated in a market research study I logged onto the website and followed the instructions as she guided me through the site.

I was under the impression everything was legit until I was asked for my debit/credit card info. Red Flag immediately went up. The recording tried to coax me into giving my information bby telling me that I would be charged $2.99 during my 14 day trial granting me access to their numerous money saving deals for major retailers.

After a little research I found a large number of complaints many of which had agreed to the trial period and were being charged even after they canceled.

The next day the calls began again but this time from 202-121-2367. Again the calls wouldn't stop and when I asked to be taken off the call list the recording told me NO! Litterally

This company is completely annoying! Continously calling every 10 minutes is pretty much harrassment! If you do need to cancel your account you can call 877-332-1490. Good Luck

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/waka-network/internet/waka-network-wakanetworkcom-Persistantly-Blowing-Up-My-Phone-Every-10-Minutes-Internet-898259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on waka network