Complaint Review: wal-mart money card

• Updated: Sat, January 01, 2011

• Reported By: Russ Sleeger — GIG HARBOR Washington United States of America
wal-mart money card
po box 1187 monrovia, California United States of America

wal-mart money card cant get $ off my card monrovia, California

My daughter was sent a $70 Wal-Mart money card from her grandma in N.C.

When she tried to use it the 1st time in the machine at our local Wal-Mart in port orchard Washington, it was denied, do to my daughter hit 1 number wrong in the pin #. So I called the phone number on the back of the card, and they said I would have to wait several days to use the card. We waited and tried again to no avail. I called money card services again and they said the card had a zero balance even though no cash was withdrawn off the card, they even acknowledged that the card had a beginning balance of $70, but they now wanted me to send them the receipt so they could investigate it. I found this to be ridiculous due to they acknowledged the card started with $70 on it, no withdrawals were done, but now it has a 0 balance. I faxed it to them, but the receipt was faded, I called back up and they said to wait and call back in 1 business day for it to go through their system. In which I did and these people from this 3rd world country would not listen to since about the receipt being too faded to fax, they just kept saying to resend it, even though I told them verbally everything on the receipt. They also told me to go to the store where it was purchased to get a more legible receipt. I told them its in another state. So I called the N.C. Wal-Mart to have them fax them the store ledger, but they never received that either. So I went to my local Wal-Mart and spent over an hour with the assistant manager re-faxing the receipt and her verbally telling all the info on the receipt to the 3rd world Wal-Mart money card service center. The 1st represenitive said talked to said it isnt the right receipt for this card. I strongly disagreed so she called back up to find out who ever she talked to was mistaken of course. She Called up N.C. Wal-Mart to get the receipt sent again. All this for the 3rd world Wal-Mart money card service center to tell us to wait a couple more business days to research this issue. All the above took over 1 month. Let me repeat the absurdity of this whole ordeal: a card was purchase for $70, they acknowledge the card started with $70 on it, no withdrawals were deducted off the this card, but now it has a 0 balance, so why dont they just see this and put the $70 back on the card that their faulty system corrupted. Or is this all a premeditated scam from the 3rd world Wal-Mart money card service center. Wal-Mart should pay American workers a couple more bucks an hour so we wouldnt have these scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wal-mart-money-card/monrovia-California-91017/wal-mart-money-card-cant-get-off-my-card-monrovia-California-677541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wal-mart money card