Complaint Review: Wal Mart Money Card

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By: nadi76329 — Ofallon Missouri
Wal Mart Money Card
PO Box 1187 Monrovia, California USA

Wal Mart Money Card Green Dot GE Money Bank Holding money deposited onto my card, refund amound did not match original purchase amount Monrovia California

I made my original purchase at a shoe store for 2 pairs of shoes, paid in cash.  Exchanged one pair of shoes for another, more expensive pair, and had to pay the difference using my wal mart money card.  Then returned that pair of shoes for a refund, because some of the purchase had been made with my card, the entire refund had to be put back onto my card.

After 2 days of waiting already, wal mart money card accepted the refund, only to turn around and put a block on my card.  This means I cannot use any money that is on my card, including money that had nothing to do with this transaction.

What they want from me, after calling and speaking with a bunch of foreigners, is ALL or the original transaction receipts.  Their reasoning is because the refund amount did not match the original purchase amount.  WTF?? are you serious?  Anyway, I do happen to have the return/exhange receipts, but I do not still have the original cash receipt.  They will not unblock my card without me faxing all of this information to them.

On top of that, I checked my card online before I left my house because I needed gas, it showed a balance of $105.00, never showing it being "blocked".  So now I'm stuck at a gas station with no gas and no money.  I cannot get a phone number to corporate, they have to put in for a return phone call, which will take a couple days.  Also, I have to pay to fax them this information, and even if I fax it right now, it is still going to take a couple days for them to reveiw it.

I have had nothing but problems with this card since I've had it.  Still to this day, I have to use it as credit b/c the pin number will never work, it always declines.  Wal mart has no problem taking my money when I load it onto the card, but when I turn around to use it (even in a Wal Mart store), it always declines..........I wish I would have just kept the cash!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart-Money-Card/Monrovia-California-91017/Wal-Mart-Money-Card-Green-Dot-GE-Money-Bank-Holding-money-deposited-onto-my-card-refund-1125845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart Money Card