Complaint Review: Wal Mart

• Submitted: Fri, November 03, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, November 03, 2000

• Reported By:Cedar Rapids Ia
Wal Mart
Edgewood Rd Cedar Rapids, Iowa U.S.A.

WAL MART OIL CHANGE RUINED MY ENGINE CEDAR RAPIDS IA

I took my car to Wal Mart for an oil change. When I picked up the car and turned on the engine smoke blew everywhere. Three technicians came out of the shop and told me to get the baby out of the car. They took the car back into the shop and 15 minutes later they said I had to have the car towed off their lot but they had done nothing wrong. They had not replaced the oil when they did the oil change.

The dealership where we bought the car said it will be 4400.00 for a new engine the pistons are gone. Now Wal Mart is saying they did nothing they called ordering me to turn the car over to them so they can inspect it. They dont trust the car dealership we took it to.

The mechanic at the dealership said not to give Wal Mart the car as they are trying to find a way out of paying for this. I was very stupid for letting them take the car back into their shop!!!!

Please dont let this happen to you. CHECK YOUR OIL AFTER AN OIL CHANGE!!!! We are now trying to find an attorney to get legal advise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wal-Mart/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52404/WAL-MART-OIL-CHANGE-RUINED-MY-ENGINE-CEDAR-RAPIDS-IA-3748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wal Mart