Complaint Review: wal mart

• Submitted: Wed, April 06, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 09, 2011

• Reported By: BADBOB — ADA Ohio United States of America
wal mart

wal mart STRAIGHT TALK /TRAC PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A RIP OFF/THEIVES, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Its Straight Talk's fault even if you bought it at Walmart

Had a LG slider phone which was A walmart Straight Talk phone.  The phone has a one year guarantee.  It quit working properly. So I contacted Straight Talk and they sent me a return enveolope via fed-x.  I return my phone to them three weeks ago.  One day they tell me they have it, the next they say they don't have it.

Then the next day they say they have it.  Then on the following day they say they don't.  Now they tell me they won't replace the phone until I can prove I shipped it.  I sent it in their envelope which was a fed-x envelope.  Drop it in a fed-x box.  Now they say I loose.  How am I supposed to prove I sent it.  I lost my phone plus ten days of service.  That phone cost 79.99 plus a card for 45.00.

In order to keep my phone number I went to walmart and bought another phone at the cost of 89.+ dollars.
\
I feel some one has ripped off my phone.  So I need to know what to do to get what is owed me back.

The other thing,  when you callStraight Talk,  it is out soursed to India.  One lady even told me where she was at.  My [point is they get all kinds of stuff mixed up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2011 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wal-mart/internet/wal-mart-STRAIGHT-TALK-TRAC-PHONE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IS-A-RIP-OFFTHEIVES-Internet-714702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wal mart

Its Straight Talk's fault even if you bought it at Walmart

AUTHOR: Unsatisfied bigtime!! - (United States of America)

As much as I hate to admit it, walmart does sell Straight talk but hold no responsibility for it as you do have to go through Straight Talk for any issues.  I had a problem with a phone card I had purchased, and I insisted they look on the internet on straight talk where you can load the minutes (before I got auto-refill and had a whole new ball game of problems!!!) and they finally realized the minutes did NOT load.  They then did issue me a new card.  That did happen twice.  Walmart may sell the product--BUT THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THE SERVICE.  Walmart sells junk and non American products and have for quite a few years.  Straight talk service is out of other countries with people who don't understand English.  They can speak it as they read from a script.  Anything off that script they won't understand.  Warranties to Straight talk mean NOTHING. It's just more money you are spending for NOTHING.  Read consumer affairs on other reports about Straight Talk.  We are just one of many people with the exact same complaints about the companie.  Walmart makes money off selling Straight talk, so they will continue to do so.

Westminster