Complaint Review: Walgreen Hoboken NJ

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: tjaw — hoboken New Jersey
Walgreen Hoboken NJ
101 Washington St. Hoboken, New Jersey USA

Walgreen Hoboken NJ Pharmacist Interferes in Patient Doctor Relationship Hoboken New Jersey

*Author of original report: Read the Facts

*General Comment: Youre mad??

I got a call from my doctor asking what had happened to my perscription she had written on my last visit because she had received a call from the Walgreens Hoboken pharmacist that I needed another script written.

Back up a few days and I had visited that store but prsented an outdated perscription so I had to get the current one from home. I have two walgreens near me and went to the second one to have it filled with the proper dated script.

I called the pharmacist to find out why she had called me doctor and mentioned my concern that she could interfere in my care by asking for a perscription for aa controlled substance for which I had already filled. The filled perscription information is available withn the Walgreens system and available to the dctor also. By calling my doctor for a new script she could have introduced doubt to my compliance in the controlled substance drug usage and thereby the trust in the doctor patient relationship.

I asked her for an explanation and she said well your perscription had an  old date and she was calling for a new one. I asked her to cease this behavior and questioned whether did she realized that the perscription had been filled and that "druggies" often try every angle to get scripts filled and that could compromise my physician relationship.

She said she was "only" trying to help. Professionals should kmow a alot better particularly when a controlled substance is involved. This pharmacist also hapened to be the store pharmacy mamager. I am concerned that is trying to sell my drugs and remain the company's financial position that Walgreens is harming patients.

I write this in hopes that enough info can be collected to make Walgreens responsible for it's systemically poor business and medical practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreen-Hoboken-NJ/Hoboken-New-Jersey-07030/Walgreen-Hoboken-NJ-Pharmacist-Interferes-in-Patient-Doctor-Relationship-Hoboken-New-Jers-1082240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreen Hoboken NJ

Read the Facts

AUTHOR: tjaw - ()

The complaint describes  that the current perscription was filled already within the Walgreens system. That is the point. She jumped to a conclusion  with out regard to all the readily available facts on a controled substance. A big NO-NO.

How don't you see that this is professionally improprer and could compromise a doctor-patient relationship?

Generally cases do try to blame the victim and when professional and legal principles are applied the facts win out over emotional responses that attack the victim. Thanks to the Ripoff Report for a platform for  holding professionals accountable.

What is your relationship †o the matter? A well considered response would describe your relationship and the context for a bonafide rebuttal.

#2 General Comment

Youre mad??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

So youre mad because YOU brought in a outdated script and the pharmacist calls you doctor to renew it so you dont have to go back and get another one?? Exactly how bitter and stupid are you?? You have to be some old idiot who cant even see past thier own nose. That pharmasist DID THIER JOB CORRECTLY!! Your just some bitter drama queen who likes to attack ppl online. The pharmasist did the right thing in calling your doctor for you as they have more power then some. By them doing that they let your doctor know YOU WERE FOLLOWING YOUR PILL SCHEDULE!!! Obviously because your next script was out dated. I think you need to apologize for this post. YOU ARE MISSINFORMED AND YOU TOOK YOUR IGNORANCE OUT ON SOMEONE DOING THIER JOB CORRECTLY. This isnt a ripoff nor a scam. Just some bitter fool with these brains then pills.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC