Complaint Review: Walgreens 24 Hour Pharmacy

• Updated: Wed, May 05, 2010

• Reported By: Melly — Corona California United States of America
Walgreens 24 Hour Pharmacy
100 w ontario corona ca 92882 corona, California United States of America

Walgreens 24 Hour Pharmacy they charged me more than the advertise price. when I approached the cashier and told him that he was charging more he just said " oh " and looked the other way. corona, California

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Mishandled Situation

*UPDATE Employee: You have a point, sorta..

I went to Walgreens to buy Pancake mix, the price tag said $2.79 and when it was scanned it didn't go through.  The cashier went to the aisle to check the price and punched it in as $3.79.  I didn't remember exactly the price at that time and since there was a line i didn't want to make the other people wait.  I told the cashier that i had to check something and i paid for the item.  I went to get the price tag that said $2.79 and gave it to him but he didn't apologize or gave me my refund.  He just said "OH" and kept helping the other person in line.  My family was waiting for me to go back and make them pancakes so I couldn't fix the problem there.  I think it's wrong that some employees don't take their jobs seriously and it's sad that the Stores don't even know that these employees are giving them a bad name.  For sure I'm not going back to that store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens-24-Hour-Pharmacy/corona-California-/Walgreens-24-Hour-Pharmacy-they-charged-me-more-than-the-advertise-price-when-I-approach-582748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens 24 Hour Pharmacy

Employee Mishandled Situation

AUTHOR: Wagmgr - (U.S.A.)

Let me start by apologizing for the bad situation you were recently put in on your trip to Walgreens.  I understand your frustration with paying $1.00 more than the advertised price for the pancake mix.  As the poster mentioned above, it was likely an expired promotional tag that was missed when the old tags were taken down.  As a manager who has worked for Walgreens for 3 years, I have yet to encounter a situation in which a manager was unable to make a small price adjustment for a customer.

Unfortunately, the service clerk at the checkout counter cannot credit the $1.00 difference once the transaction has processed.  That function can only be performed by a member of management.  The service clerk should have relayed this information to you immediately instead of helping the next person in line.

If you do find that you were charged incorrectly for an item after you have left the store, please return as soon as possible.  I realize that for many customers it may be difficult to return to the same store in a short timespan, but the longer the delay, the more difficult it becomes for the manager on staff to assess what exactly transpired with your transaction.

I apologize for the pricing error, and for the lack of communication you received from the clerk on duty.  Certainly we want our customers to be able to receive the advertised prices at our checkout counters and to be able to address any issues in a timely fashion.  I hope that despite this mistake, you continue to reward us with your business.

-Chris in Portland

You have a point, sorta..

AUTHOR: Bhite - (U.S.A.)

Chances are, your "price tag" was an advertised price that was expired. So you paid the right price. Some stores have a strict "tag price" policy. This means that no matter what the product's actual price is, if it was sitting somewhere with a lower price advertised (even if the product description didn't match or the date of the tag was expired) it must be honored at the front. This usually depends on the assistant manager on duty or the store manager's opinion and how hard he enforces it. This being said, I have some doubt that the clerk would've just said "OH" and ignored you. He may have said "OH" and after finishing ringing the customer he was helping, had intentions of calling a manager up to fix the problem. Chances are, given your statement about family waiting for pancakes, upon hearing his "OH" muttering, you promptly turned around and walked out without asking him to refund.

I do agree that he should've apologized or offered the refund. However, you are somewhat contradictory when you say you think that "it's sad that the stores don't even know that these employees are giving them a bad name", yet you are affecting the whole store by not going back due to this one employee. Maybe you should go back and go to a different counter to check out. Or perhaps call the store and actually try to fix the problem you think the store has on its hands.