Complaint Review: Walgreens

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: Norma — Boynton Beach Florida United States of America
6975 South Congress Avenue Lantana, Florida United States of America

Walgreens Generic Drug Rip-off Lantana, Florida

I'm sharing my negative experience in hope to help other customers to avoid being ripped-off by Walgreens.

My insurance does not have the prescription medication coverage, but my doctor helped me to sign up for a discount with the manufacturer. The cost of 30 day supply with this discount is $80 ($150 without discount). Walgreens refilled my prescription with a generic drug and charged me $145. When I asked, why the price of the drug almost doubled, the pharmacist told me that manufacturer's discount can not be applied to generic drugs. On my question, why my prescription was replaced by a generic without my knowledge, especially, if this causes steep price increase, the pharmacist's answer was
"We have the right to substitute with generics if they available".

After the lengthy argument, I did receive my original prescription and money difference back. Of course, I was made to feel as a time wasting nuisance in the process.

Please be careful and check the pricing when your prescription filled by generics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Lantana-Florida-33462/Walgreens-Generic-Drug-Rip-off-Lantana-Florida-967966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens