Complaint Review: Walgreens

439 NE 223rd Ave. Portland, Oregon USA

Walgreens Rude store manager Portland Oregon

July 14, 2013

12:15 p.m. on Sunday

As I was purchasing my items and planned to use a buy $20 worth of items, get $5 off Walgreens coupon that came out of with my receipt. Therefore, I had planned in advance that I would purchase 2 Dirt Dry deodorants, 2 Right Guard deodorants, and 2 Purex 18 ct. packages. For a total of $27.94, and get my $5 off. So the cashier, who was chubby, had a dark completion (I believe Mexican), with a wide face, dark hair, and short in height had asked and waited for me to use my Walgreens card before using my “buy $20, get $5 off” after.

Since my Walgreens card has brought my total down to 13.97. I decided that I would buy more items. I told the cashier, I wanted to hold on to the items first and continue to find things to purchase. As I was walking from ale to ale, I realized that I didn’t want to purchase anything anymore. The reason to that is:

As I walking toward the register, I heard the manager say, “It’s cheap enough, how much better could it get?” And then I heard a mumbling sound. I was upset that a STORE manager would have that kind of behavior, just because he has to avoid the items, so I could find more items to exceed my purchase to $20. So, I felt that right thing to do was to walk towards that cashier, set my basket on the counter, and I said, “I don’t want to purchase these items any more. I heard what your manger.” And walked confidently out of the store.

As I walked outside, the store manager was smoking outside with an Asian girl with a lot of make up on her face with long hair (who is also a cashier). My car is an 92' honda civic hatchback. Despite that he had to avoid the items I WAS about to purchase, I then heard the manager say, “Nice car,” I believe he was trying to bad talk about my car. But the Asian girl with excessive make up pretended to respond as I looked at her while I was trying to get into my car.

I am upset, embarrassed, and is to ever show my face at this Walgreens on Glison by the Crunch Gym anymore. I don’t remember the manager’s name, but he is tall, white, white hair and mustache w/ tan skin. He is rude, and has no sort of customer service to those who coupon. I’m just here to save a few dollars because I am a full-time college student.

I live only 4 minutes away from this Walgreens. So, I hope that someone either retrains him or fire him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Portland-Oregon-97230/Walgreens-Rude-store-manager-Portland-Oregon-1066972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens