Complaint Review: Walgreen's

• Reported By: Marsha — Shepherdsville Kentucky
Walgreen's
N Buckman Shepherdsville, KY 40165 Shepherdsville, Kentucky USA

Walgreen's RIP OFF Shepherdsville Kentucky

*Author of original report: Obviously not the "average american"

*General Comment: More then likely....

*Author of original report: ...I've tried your suggestions....

*Consumer Comment: A bit dramatic

I have never in my life been more disgusted with a store in my whole life. I called the Walgreen's in Shepherdsville on 11/26 to request a refill. They said it will be ready around 5 pm. Ok no problem. I drive up to the window where I wait for 40 minutes for my RX to be filled. The cashier took my co-pay and I drove off in a hurry to catch my flight to see my brother for the first time in 6 years for the holidays. As I get home, I hurriedly opened my bag from Walgreen's, to find that I was only issued 5 of the 30 pills. I immediately got on the phone and spoke with a rep from the pharmacy who while was as rude as can possibly be issued no apology as to not telling me that there was only a few pills in the bag and that I would have to come back at a later date to get the rest of my RX. I explain to her that it would be impossible since I was on my way to CA. I asked to speak with a manager, Justin, who was even less help. I have since called 800-Walgreens, to speak with corporate about how I should go about getting the rest of my RX. Every time that I speak to them, they promise me a call back, which never happens. So now I am on my last pill and am going to have to do without all because a company that is suppose to care about my health cares more about the almighty dollar. You would think that it would be important to give the customer all the information about their RX and the option of if you don't have enough pills to fill my RX, then I should have been able to take it somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2013 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Shepherdsville-Kentucky-40165/Walgreens-RIP-OFF-Shepherdsville-Kentucky-1103163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreen's

Obviously not the "average american"

AUTHOR: Marsha - ()

I am sorry that you think that I was too busy to understand that I need to listen to the cashier at the pharmacy.  She did NOT tell me that there were only 5 pills in the container and if she had I would have told her that I didn't want my RX filled at the pharmacy and would have went elsewhere to get it.  When I called the pharmacy I spoke with the same girl who admitted that she didn't look at the bottle and didn't tell me that there was only 5 pills in the bottle.

Again I did contact my dosctors office.  The insurance will not pay to have another script filled, since they just payed for this one.  I don't know about you but I don't have $874 to just spend on 30 days worth of meds.   And if you really must know, these RX is not anything for pain.  It is to maintain my life. If this was pain meds that I needed, I would have just waited.  But it is a lot more complicated than that.   And as far as an apology, it is what should have happened in the first place.  Instead of acting like they were not conserned with helping me or trying to figure out an alternate to getting my meds to me.

And as a matter of fact, I have been very nice up to this point.  Because unlike you I have sympathy for the people working in a job like that.  I could not imagine.  I never raised my voice or used a profanity.  I asked for help, which is not too much to ask in any way.  What I got in return was a true lack of customer service, respect and accountability.

Thanks for your concern, but please go stick your head back in the sand where it belongs.

#2 General Comment

More then likely....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

More then likely the pharmacist tried to tell them about the 5 pill issue and was ignored. I see it alot. Some ppl cant get off their phone long enough to do BASIC business transactions. Which means then that the poster was in SO much of a hurry that they couldnt be bothered with the trivial stuff like information.

I really cant see ANY pharmacy just partially filling a LEGAL order without both informing the doctor and patient. Im pretty sure thats illegal in almost EVERY state. So something was probably said to the poster but they either did not hear correctly or was in SO much of a hurry that the trivial issues were set aside in favor of their family member. Wouldnt be the first time that the American consumer has been so "consumed" with another issue that they just were not listening or really paying attention.

And yes even traveling you would be able to contact a doctors office and get them to phone in a perscription to a pharmacy near you. Sounds to me that even the poster is really unsure of the whole situation. If they called the pharmacy AFTER they saw there were 5 pills then they would have spoken with someone who could help them. That means then that the poster is trying a little internet embarrassment because THEY didnt like the answer they got. As for an apology...who the hell are you to demand and expect an apology? Did YOU apologize after blasting them on the phone. Given the tone of your post Im betting those were pain pills and youre mad because you dont have your next fix.

...I've tried your suggestions....

AUTHOR: Marsha - ()

Well I did go to another Walgreens and they told me that they would not be able to fill the RX because the original Walgreens charged me for the whole script and not just they few pills that they had.  Second, IF they had told me that they only had  the few pills I would have waited until I got to CA to fill the RX and everything would have been fine.  They never disclosed to me that the RX wasn't complete, I found that out for myself.  And third with my work schedule and the operating hours of our local Walgreens, it is not possible to pick up other than the day I was leaving for my vaca.  I tried calling my Doctor who was willing to overnight meds to me, but because of the holiday, it will not be here until the day that I fly out.....so here I am with no meds.  All because I was not gave proper information by the rep at Walgreens explaining that they only had a few pills.  Again IF she would have told me that I would have elected to go to another pharmacy and got it filled.

A bit dramatic

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Okay first of all if this medication is so vital to you..why did you wait until just hours before you had to go across the country to get a refill?  Just to put this in perspective, what if they did say they were out and you TRIED to take it to somewhere else and every place out was out of it as well?  Then what would you have done?

I believe there are probably a couple hundred Walgreens in California and I bet at least 1 within a fairly short distance from where you are.  So why not personally go to that Walgreens and explain the situation.  They could look up your record on their system and probably take care of you.  If that is not possible of course there is always your doctor.  As even on Holidays and weekends they have someone on-call.  If this is a problem they can tell you what you need to do.