Complaint Review: Walmart 981

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Imaprincessliz — Meridian Mississippi
Walmart 981
Hwy 19 north Meridian, Mississippi USA

Walmart 981 Walmart store 981 Moneygram Walmart want cash but sell them ! Meridian Mississippi

*Author of original report: Listen again and read before you reply

*Consumer Comment: Question

We sold are boat to a buyer out of state and the bank had already closed so we went to Walmart and were told they could purchase moneygram money orders and I could bring them back and have noproblem cashing them just had to wait 24 hours .so they purchased the money orders with there debit bank card and gave them to me I went back to the same Walmart the next day and they remember me and they said they had to call moneygram and verify all them before cashing I thought that was crazyseeing I had just been there the day before and they knew they were good , so they called and got a pin number for each money order and confirmed they were good . Then asked for my license and ran them thru the machine the first one went thru for the lowest amount 25wether gave me the cash for it then when they did the higher one for 1,000 it would not take it and they gave me a print out saying I had to call there checking cashing service and said they couldn't cash them I had done waited over 30 minutes and asked for a manager and then the manager came up and said there was not nothing they could do . I told her that I asked the day before before they were purchased would they be any problem cashing them there and they told me no it would be no problem and I sold my boat to someone out of state and now I am stuck with 6 1,000 money orders that aren'tworth the paper they are printed on .the manager gave me a rude look and walked off And the employee at the desk said it wasn't there problem ! I called the number theycrave me and it was a pakistain person I could not under stand crap they said accept that they were not going to take them even thou they were good! I took them to my bank and my bank would not take them even to deposit and hold till they cleared because they were scared thinking why would the own store that sold them take them ! I called upper management and got nowhere was told I could send them to money gram and have them send me a check and I asked what the hell was a check from them going to help me if no one would take there money orders ! It ain't right that they told me there would be no problem and then the next day be so rude and no help !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-981-/Meridian-Mississippi-39307/Walmart-981-Walmart-store-981-Moneygram-Walmart-want-cash-but-sell-them-Meridian-Miss-1081480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart 981

Listen again and read before you reply

AUTHOR: Imaprincessliz - ()

I went with the person to purchased the moneygram money orders they used there debit card and when I went back to Walmart they called moneygram anverified  they were good but they said it was there checking cashing service certegy I would have to call and find out why thewe were sold at that Walmart still had the receipt from that Walmart and they would not cash them !

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Where did you sell this item??? If you did it on craigslist then possibly you got scammed with fake money orders. Not Walmart's fault - those individuals were just doing their job. AND please learn to SPELL!!