Complaint Review: Walmart Loss Prevention Program

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: longo7teen — canyon country California
Walmart Loss Prevention Program
26471 Carl Boyer Dr Valencia, California USA

Walmart Loss Prevention Program Harassment, disrimination, and physical altercation Canyon Country California

It started off as a normal shopping experience at Wal-Mart. My boyfriend, our friend, and I were out shopping getting normal things and also things off a list for my boyfriends mother. These things consisted of BBQ coal, spray paint and gardening supplies.

Once we get to the gardening section, we have trouble finding some items so we ask one of the employees. He informs us that the item we are looking for is not on the inside of their gardening section but on the outside part of Wal-Mart.

My boyfriend hurries ahead with the Wal-Mart employee to look at the item while I and our friend look around. My boyfriend is on the phone with his mother making sure he is getting the right brand and I start heading over to him with the cart. Right before I get out of the exit, a normally dressed out of breath girl and boy start yelling "you have to come with us".

Then all of the sudden a bunch of (what looked like) hoodlums started shoving and pushing my boyfriend and his friend. Confused and stunned all of us start asking what is going on and why this is happening and they keep telling us that we cant leave the entrance with items we have not paid for. All of our adrealine was rushing because it felt like we were about to get jumped by a bunch of random kids.

Apparently these punks were hired Wal-Mart employees of the Loss Prevention Program and they thought that we were stealing. The only girl of the group, Jessica, was running away with our shopping cart that had my purse in it and was telling me I had to come with her her if I wanted my purse. Obviously my purse and its contents are valuable to me so I comply and follow her.

My boyfriend and his friend are arguing with the other punks telling them the damn truth, that we were trying to get the bark chips located outside. Also they were trying to get the employee that helped them to speak up and tell them that they have got us all wrong, he didn't. Then eventually we get to the LP office where the harassment continues.

They tell us to sit on the bench and sign papers agreeing to giving them our pictures and information to file on to there data-base. Our friend is hesitant to sign papers right away without reading them thoroughly and immediately Jessica starts to laugh about how slow he is and mock that fact that we want out and they are waiting on him.

The arguing continues and I try to ask, "why are there items located outside the doors of walmart, if customers are not allowed to go to them with their shopping carts?". She starts yelling at me to stop arguing and that I should have left the cart on the inside. I continue to say that we need the cart to haul the heavy bags of wood chips and she presumes to telling me to stop arguing, so again I comply.

Obviously these people have no common sense what so ever, or any understanding of the meaning customer service. I on the otherhand as a level-headed and understanding woman, comprehend the premise of their loss prevention program. Wal-Mart needs employees to make judgements on who might be a potential threat. But please, hire people that have at least a single cell of logic that can make legitimate and trained decisions.

Why the Wal-Mart employee that was showing us to the forbidden outside section could not vouch for us, I do not know. Why Wal-Mart sales associates are not allowed to interfere or even step foot in the LP office is again, unknown. LP is a part of Wal-Mart so it makes no sense why they do not work as a team with the rest of Wal-Mart employees.

At the end of the day, in which it was a very long one, was ruined. We all feel completely violated and pissed off and can not believe the experience we have went through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Loss-Prevention-Program/Valencia-California-91351/Walmart-Loss-Prevention-Program-Harassment-disrimination-and-physical-altercation-Cany-1055838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Loss Prevention Program