Complaint Review: walmart money card GE BANK

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By: melissa — greencastle Pennsylvania United States of America
walmart money card GE BANK

walmart money card GE BANK Greendot, GE Money bank TOTAL RIPOFF UNSECURED INFORMATION Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this

*Consumer Comment: Question:

This company is horrible. They hurt people for no good reason. I had my income tax refund loaded to a Walmart MoneyCard, refund posted fine and was direct deposited right on schedule. I had access to my refund for 2 days, on the 3rd day my card would not work. When I called customer service number on back of card 877 937 4098, I was put on hold 40 minutes. Finally after speaking with someone I was told card has had security block put on it. The reason for this....unusal direct deposit activity across multiple cards. For 1 thing I only have 1 card, 2nd the only that was ever direct deposited was my income tax refund. They said for me to fax my DL & SS card. I did that first thing next day. Still no answer yet, and when you call them back they treat you like a criminal. I live in PA and first thing in the morning, I will be contacting the attorney general in my state. I NEED MY MONEY. I WORKED ALL YEAR FOR THAT REFUND AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. THEY CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS. THAT'S ILLEGAL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walmart-money-card-GE-BANK/internet/walmart-money-card-GE-BANK-Greendot-GE-Money-bank-TOTAL-RIPOFF-UNSECURED-INFORMATION-Int-834478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walmart money card GE BANK

Try this

AUTHOR: tgoines18 - (United States of America)

I had the same problem, try this email address. Explain everything you did on here, I promise someone will email you back to confirm your phone number and  call you back the same night. That's what happened to me after  a week of your same frustrations and going into labor 3 wks early. that's my story. Anyhow try this email: CUSTOMERADVOCACY2GREENDOTCORP.COM Include your ticket/case number and all your details. The direct number to the RESOLUTION DEPT IS 866-652-4611 BUT you have to leave a detailed message there. The email is actually faster. Godo luck!

And to the person that asked if you used your own card for your own refund, I did and it still happened to me!

Question:

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Was the card registered in YOUR name and was it YOUR tax refund that was placed on it? Often this occurs because someone has their tax refund loaded on another indivicuals card or lets another individual put their tax refund on their card.

Per IRS rules, you can only direct deposit your own tax refund in to an account owned by you.