Complaint Review: Walmart money card

Bentonville, Arkansas United States of America

Walmart money card customer service sucks Bentonville, Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: I'm not a Walmart fan

*Consumer Comment: The problem is

I have been using Walmart money cards and I am telling everyone who reads this get your money out not. The customer service for this card from GE bank is a real pain. My wife's card was destroyed I sent an e-mail to have it replaced. I received a response on a friday to go to the web site and report it as damaged. When I did they canceled the primary card also when I called customer service they apologized and said it would take 7 to 10 days for a replacement. I asked them to reverse the report as I did not have any cash out and would need to go to work the next day buy groceries as well as pay bills.

Also that after 3 days of not being able to go to work that I would be fired, the response I got was I apologize for the inconvenience. I said what good is an apology if I am fired, again I apologize. A suggestion was made that a card could be sent overnight for a fee of twenty dollars. I informed them that I should not have to pay this fee was told it could not be waived.  I am telling everyone and asking everyone to discontinue using Walmart money cards as the customer service is bad. I have never used any of the social medias but would people please repost this to any site to warn people to stay away from this card and get their money out as fast as possible before something like this happens to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-money-card/Bentonville-Arkansas-/Walmart-money-card-customer-service-sucks-Bentonville-Arkansas-1015556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart money card

I'm not a Walmart fan

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

But this is not a rip off.  It sounds more like your inability to plan things out.

The problem is

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

The problem is that you sent the email about your wife's card. If she had sent the email (or you had called) then her card would have been the one shut off. If you send something from your email about another card to ANY card service department they will shut off your card due to it coming from you and NOT the person whose card it is.