Complaint Review: Walmart money card

• Updated: Tue, June 19, 2012

• Reported By: shaun rice — houston United States of America
Walmart money card
po box 1187 Monrovia, California 91017 Houston, Texas United States of America

Walmart money card GE capital retail bank refused activation, unable to verify my mailing address: taking 100 dollars . company located in philippines. Houston , Texas

*Consumer Comment: Must be honored

*Consumer Comment: Just a comment

*Consumer Comment: Interest?

Walmart money card 1-877-937-4098 I called and tried to activate this card, negligence on your staffs behalf, by inputing the wrong information, caused the card to "lockout "as inactive. there4 prohibiting me or the representive to further activate the card now!!! Now I have to wait 7 business day for "them " to make interest off the 100.00 I paid them, they refused to activate the card because they could not find my address. Reps names: leanne, alane, Alfred, and Justin; all was patronizing me!! And refused to give me my 100.00 activated on the temporary debit card. My number is (((ROR redacted))) my name: Shaun rice, its not far the companies my interest in there bank off me on a 14 day turn around, 7 days to send refund, 7 day to clear my bank. And I loose time, an money in the delay process for "Walmart Money cards" gain . I am left in disparage as to the service I received from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-money-card/Houston-Texas-77096/Walmart-money-card-GE-capital-retail-bank-refused-activation-unable-to-verify-my-mailing-899623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart money card

Must be honored

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Having both Bobby and ashlee response, wow how lucky your are

Just a comment

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The "They are just doing this to make the Interest off of me" statement cracks me up every time I hear it.

Seriously you gave them $100.00.  Exactly how much interest do you expect them to earn in that 7 day period?  Even if they were earning 30% a year, that works out to about $0.58.  When you made a single call to them you erased any "profit" they made from the interest(and then some).

Interest?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You really think they are getting rich off interest from you? They get what, 1-2% ANNUAL interest off the money? So in a 2 week span they *might* make a nickel off your money? Then subtract the postage for mailing you a check, the envelope to put it in, and the check itself. I'd say they are losing money by having to refund you.