Complaint Review: walmart money card

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: candice — fairfield California United States of America
walmart money card
Walmart MoneyCard P.O. Box 1187 monrovia, California United States of America

walmart money card the money card is Fraud its self... Beware monrovia, California

*Consumer Comment: get over it

*Consumer Comment: get over it

I've had my money card for almost an year i load money onto it every month on payday and i never had any issues. they provide the service to have you tax refund uploaded to the money card which i considered an hassle free way to get my money fast. i recived it on febuary the 1st and as of monday the 5th they blocked my account from all activity. Ive been calling the customer service numer (877)937-4098  only to get the same message of my current estamaited wait time is 20 minutes which has been 1 hour and 15 minutes to an hour an1/2. I finally got to speak to a person last nite and he said to fax over a cpoy of my ID so i did to the fax number(626)739-2013. i spoke to a woman this morning and she said they will call me as soon as they put it into the system that they got the fax. i called again after work and stayed on hold for another hour and a 1/2 only for them to tell me they recived my fax and it was going to take another 7 to 10 business days for them to complete the investagation.... What investagation????  and why are you just now coming up with this. I to have kids to feed bills to pay and a car to fuel to get to work. I work my butt off and i wait every year to get this refund so i can take care of my business, if the IRS thought it was fruad then they would have kept my refund so its not them. and walmart is asking for very personal information about me how do i know they arent the one's doing the fraud. I need to speak to someone who can clear things up for me and keep the lying to none. I know for sure i will never use them again for any financial  services or anything ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walmart-money-card/monrovia-California-91017/walmart-money-card-the-money-card-is-Fraud-its-self-Beware-monrovia-California-836898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walmart money card

get over it

AUTHOR: melissa - (United States of America)

People choose to get prepaid cards because they are tired of being ripped off by banks. But now it seems GREENDOT, will pick up the same practices. Americans work hard and most need there money. If the IRS had thought there was fraud they would never had deposited your refund to begin with. Greendot could avoid all this by making people purchasing the cards be ID then, also activitation should happen in the store. I realize not as convenient, but at least everyone involved would know who has the cards. To wait for all these tax refunds to hit, then block peoples cards. Thats just horrible business practice. Greendot service may have risen tremendously over the past 5 years, but I can guarantee after this tax season and all the blocks and problems. People will never use Greendot again, and they find themselves in trouble with the FTC.

get over it

AUTHOR: TopThrilling - (United States of America)

Are you really surprised? Do you ever think about getting a REAL bank account. You know one that you can go into and actually talk to someone? Oh and the customer service line at walmart does not count. Stop being frustrated that some guy in India cant help you, and you cant call your own stupidity a "rip off"