Complaint Review: walmart my family Mobile

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Renee — Belleville Michigan
walmart my family Mobile
belleville, Michigan USA

walmart my family Mobile overcharge for two phones that have not been used since March 2013 belleville Michigan

*General Comment: remedy

We brought our son and daughter phones through my family mobile at walmart.  Was told by sales man how good and easy payments can be made.  So we got the phone in Nov 2012 and the kids used them for 3 months.  made all our payments at the walmart where we brought them.  Every time we would get the message phone bills were due we would go in,  It is 3 blocks away,  every singal time they had a hard time finding our account.  so we showed them the message on the phones. So come Feburary we had the phones cancelled .  We gat a message saying we stilled owed 22. on phones so once again we paid.  Now Comes the 30th of May and a bill in the mail for 166.53.  we called asap to find out why.  Was told that no bills were ever paid and nor were the phones turned off.  I have tried everything on there web and even called many numbers.  Finally got through to a machine that told me I now owe them 75 more. Plus now the phones are turned off.  What is aperson to do.  Never, ever go through this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walmart-my-family-Mobile/belleville-Michigan-48111/walmart-my-family-Mobile-overcharge-for-two-phones-that-have-not-been-used-since-March-2-1057923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walmart my family Mobile

#1 General Comment

remedy

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You need to find your reciepts for the payments you made. You also need to talk with the manager of the walmart you paid at. There may have been a glitch in their system. There may have been some employee theft. Point is before you start bashing wally world, check to make sure that it is actually them and not a mistake somewhere down the line. Most cell providers will turn a phone off at 2 months of non payment. With prepaid its 1 month. You may also need to verify that the person you had paying the bill ACTUALLy did pay it. Its real easy to beieve a family member because they are family. But they are also in our blind spot. Be sure its not a internal issue before jumping the gun.