Complaint Review: walmart myfamily mobile

walmart myfamily mobile
Round rock, Texas USA

walmart myfamily mobile Impossible to Talk to a Live Person Round rock Texas

*Consumer Comment: Just a warning

Walmarts myfamily mobile seems like a great deal from their advertisements.  But when I needed help to get my new account for my son's phone, after transferring from an existing T-Mobile account, I had a horrible time.  The clerks in the local WalMart were confused on how to activate the new account, and they could not call someone to help them.  I went to the website - which is a piece of garbage - and tried repeatedly to call the phone number in the Contact Us page.  All I got was a friendly message claiming that customer service agents would answer my call - - which NEVER happened.  I got dropped several times, and a few times got a voicemail box where I left a message. NO CALL BACK.

There was a "email us" link that went to a email form, but could not seem to actually send the message (the page "got stuck").

After getting extremely frustrated I went back to WalMart.  Finally the electronics clerk kept calling and calling and finally contacted someone from myfamily mobile.  We got my son's account setup.

THEN ... I tried to establish an autopay for the account. The website would not accept my credit card information for a monthly autopay, but *would accept it for a one-time payment (as a web development manager all I could think was WTF!)

A week later I tried again and finally go the autopay setup.  But I am very leery or further transactions with them!  I never was able to talk to a myfamily mobile person, and contacting them via the website was a SNAFU KLUDGE that never worked.

Oh... once last thing, even though I finally have the autopay setup ... my son gets alerts on his phone that he needs to pay his bill ...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walmart-myfamily-mobile/Round-rock-Texas-78681/walmart-myfamily-mobile-Impossible-to-Talk-to-a-Live-Person-Round-rock-Texas-1130048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walmart myfamily mobile

Just a warning

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you set up an autopay to any kind of service like that (when you already experienced a hard time connecting to someone), you will have a bigger problem when you want to cancel it. A one time pay is unlikely to have problem with cancellation. I hope you do not need to come back to report about the new problem later...