Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Tue, August 07, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Thad — Bealeton Virginia United States of America
702 SW 8th Street Bentonville, Arkansas United States of America

Walmart Tire, Lube, Car Damage, Failed to accept claim, Did not respond and did not take responsibility, ruined mechanism, threatened safety of my family, caused stress to pregnant woman Bentonville, Arkansas

Employees at Walmart store #00091 broke the mechanism that holds my spare tire to my mini-van. I was traveling through Forrest City, Arkansas on July 6, 2012. It was nearly 110 degrees on Route 40. I had a pregnant wife, and three small children as passengers.

The driver-side tire blew out due to the extreme heat. I changed tires to use my spare along the side of the road. My family doused themselves with bottled water along the side of the road to try to stay as cool as possible. There was no shade.

I drove to the closes Wal-mart which was in Forrest City, AR - Walmart Store #00091. I asked them to change the damaged tire and one more just to be safe as we continued driving home to Virginia. My family was hungry and extremely hot. There were no food options at this particular walmart and nothing in walking distance. I bought them all a drink while we waited.

The manager of the Tire department called me out to the bay after about an hour. The mechanism that pulls my spare up under the van would not work. They offered no additional information or help. Because we were traveling I had no room inside the vehicle.

Because my pregnant wife was very hot, hungry and fatigued I had to get her somewhere to cool off and eat. While in the bay I had to strap the spare to the top of my van without any assistance from the Wal-mart employees.

While they attempted to get my spare up - before they called me to the bay - the Walmart employees scratched my bumper severely. The tire on top of my roof has damaged that along with the luggage rack.

I called Wal-mart and wrote a letter as soon as I returned home. I just wanted the issue resolved. They acted like they would be helpful. The were not helpful. I am a teacher with limited income. I simply wanted my vehicle restored and fixed.

Walmart Claims department took until August 7th to call and say, "We acknowledge that damage occurred to your vehicle in our Wal-mart store - but we deny you claim because Walmart did not do anything they should not have done." They damaged my vehicle. I do not have the funds or means to repair it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Bentonville-Arkansas-/Walmart-Tire-Lube-Car-Damage-Failed-to-accept-claim-Did-not-respond-and-did-not-take-923708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart