Complaint Review: Walmart

• Updated: Mon, December 16, 2013

• Reported By: Steven C. — aliso viejo California
Walmart
26502 towne center drive foothill ranch, Select State/Province USA

Walmart Sold me a Galaxy but don't honor the manufacturers warranty-sold me the wrong extended warranty foothill ranch California

*Author of original report: Manuf. Warranty OK-now see if I can replace wrong extended warranaty they sold me

*Consumer Comment: Here is a thought...

I bought a Galaxy S2 mobile phone not quite a year ago at Walmart with a 3 year service plan on January 5, 2013.  It's now December 16, 2013 and my phone is acting up-it won't turn on-it just vibrates.  I Googled the problem on the internet, and it is talked about a lot.  According the the web, there is no fix I can do myself, I have to send it in to the manufacturer to get it fixed.  I thought I was in luck-I don't even have to use my extended warranty because right now it's before the 1 year manufacturers warranty is up!

I went in to Walmart and they mistakenly told me to call the number for the extended warranty, which I did.  The reps there told me I needed to call Walmart Family Mobile to have my problem addressed, but while they had me on the phone, they said FYI- I was sold the wrong extended warranty, it isn't valid!.  I thought I might be ok still, though for my problem because my year for the manufacturers warranty wasn't up.

So I called Walmart Family Mobile customer service and told them the "vibrating" problem with my Galaxy S2. And shockingly, the rep said that my phone wasn't covered by the manufacturers waranty either because even thought the phone was in a Walmart Family Mobile box and I bought it with a WFM plan, WFM isn't actually the entity who I bought the phone from-BUT HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY KNOW WHO I BOUGHT THE PHONE FROM!  It wasn't Walmart Family Mobile though.  So now I am stuck with an brick for a phone because I was sold the wrong 3 year warranty, and also, even though the box I bought the phone in said Walmart Family Mobile, it's not their phone-it's someone elses.  They don't know who's, but the Galaxy manufacturers warranty doesn't cover it and neither does the bogus extended warranty they sold me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/foothill-ranch-Select-StateProvince-92610/Walmart-Sold-me-a-Galaxy-but-dont-honor-the-manufacturers-warranty-sold-me-the-wrong-ext-1107547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

AUTHOR: Steven C. - ()

HI,

Even though Walmart didn't know to tell me to call Samsung to get my phone repaired, which was confusing at first, that's what I did.  Samsung said it's covered and I just sent it in for repairs.

Regarding Walmart selling me the wrong warranty-I'm going in to the location I bought it at over the weekend to see if they will replace the incorrect warranty they have sold me with a correct one.  I'll keep you posted.  If they allow me to do that I will take down this posting.

Here is a thought...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Have you tried contacting Samsung directly? After all you apparently are trusting a company that sold you the "wrong" warranty is telling you the correct information about the Mfg warranty. By the way exactly how did they sell you the wrong warranty?