Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Olivia — Scottsdale Arizona U.S.A.
Walmart
5845 West Bell Road Glendale, Arizona United States of America

Walmart Claims to price match, but makes every attempt difficult. Glendale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Rondale H****

*General Comment: link

*Consumer Comment: Here's their price match policy.....

*Consumer Comment: Items are always cheaper online

I had been shopping at Walmart for several years until last Christmas. I went online and found a book my niece wanted for Christmas. I would have had it shipped to my address, but it wouldn't arrive until after Christmas so I stopped in at Walmart to make my purchase. The book I wanted was $3.00 more than the advertised price online. So I asked if I could get it for the online price. I was told NO, they don't price match their online prices. I couldn't believe they wouldn't sell it to me for the same price online. So I let her keep the book and walked out of the store to make my purchase elsewhere.

This isn't the first time I have run into problems with Walmart. I did allot of price matching until they made it more painstaking and difficult. I started to notice that they would remove items that were on sale so we couldn't price match. For example if a 16oz jar of jif peanut butter is on sale they will remove all the 16oz containers and leave the 28oz. I could be off on the ounces, but you get my point. This is done store wide on various items. They will also change the label of beef from New York Strip to "Top Loin Steak" so when I try to price match at the register I am told they wont because that isn't the name on the package. Although it is the exact same product. It got to the point where I would have to go to the ad store to make my purchases, so going to Walmart was useless.

I live in a big city so there are plenty of Walmarts and I live at one end of the city but work on the other. There are times I have to stop at Walmart near work and I have tried to "price match" their own ad and I'm told "we don't price match our ad". Interesting how they advertise "price match" but will refuse to match their own pricing! In my opinion Walmart is a scam and I can't believe they haven't been sued for false advertising and fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Glendale-Arizona-85308/Walmart-Claims-to-price-match-but-makes-every-attempt-difficult-Glendale-Arizona-863720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Rondale H****

AUTHOR: Rondale (Ritz Camera still sucks and maps get you in accidents!!) there is nothi - (USA)

if anyone has any problems pricematching please listen to me it's a quick call..you need to contact the FTC if more people will complain there can be a class action lawsuit. trust me? i have called all over complaining about what happened to me. i was gonna sue but? i dont think false advertisement will be heard in court UNLESS more people complain because this is obviously still happening all over!

#2 General Comment

link

AUTHOR: Mrs. M - (USA)

Here's their price match policy.....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You HAVE read it, right?

Our Ad Match Guarantee

Were committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and well match it. Right at the register.

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price

Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price.

Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad.

For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit  type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

We will match any local competitor's advertised price.

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.

Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We DO NOT match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price

example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product

example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for  free"

Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card

example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given

Going out of business or closeout prices

Percentage off

example: "All mascara, 40% off"

Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined.

Internet pricing

Misprinted ad prices of other retailers

"Going out of business" sales or "close out" prices

Items are always cheaper online

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Items are always cheaper online because they don't incur any shipping charges to get the item to the store and they also wouldn't have to pay anything to get the item correctly stocked. Please stop acting like they're victimizing you.

Have you tried thinking? All the cool kids are doing it.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC