Complaint Review: walmart

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: sarah — atkins Arkansas United States of America
walmart

walmart greendot, gebank showed negative on my credit report would've never thought cancel all cards , Internet

0pened a couple prepaid greendot cards at walmart several months ago to pay a couple bills over the phone. At that time I didn't have a checking account so it sounded like the best way to go. Used the cards, balance on cards was $0, dispossed of cards properly not knowing they had to be canceled.Ii mean its a prepaid card right? You put the money you want to spend on the card and pay the upfront fee to do so then when you've spent the money the card is no good unless you choose to reload it, which I did not.

As I go to apply for a line of credit with GE bank, which is the bank most greendot cards go through, I am told I dont qualify because of negative marks about these prepaid cards showing a negative balance. How does a prepaid card show a negative balance? You've got me. I didn't have any ideas.

It took many phone calls to get to the correct person to get these cards cancelled. Monthly fees had been accumilating on these cards. they still show on my credit report. best thing was the people at ge bank are easy to deal with. They didn't try to run me around or push me off on someone else. After I explained what happened the lady Julia was very helpfull in getting these cards cancelled for me. I would also like to say you can cancel these cards without having to pay the balance if it was just for the monthly fee.

Walmart doesn't tell you upfront there will be a monthly fee if your not using the card. I know its on the packet of information that comes with the card but it's a prepaid card why would there be any other fees. Needless to say I will not make this mistake again and will always review informatin in its entirety on everything from now on. I hope this helps anyone else from getting involved in this because its definately a pain to resolve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walmart/internet/walmart-greendot-gebank-showed-negative-on-my-credit-report-wouldve-never-thought-cancel-984586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walmart