Complaint Review: Walmart

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: Cruces Nomad — mesilla park New Mexico
Walmart
1550 S Valley Dr Las Cruces Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

Walmart How to increase your profits by fraud and decpetive practices. Las Cruces New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Please do..

*Author of original report: Some folks here are really confused.

*Consumer Comment: Let's try some logic here folks...

*Consumer Comment: I think the report is legit

*General Comment: Once again...

If you shop at Walmart, beware there is a new scam going on and your not going to like it.

After checking out with almost $200.00 dollars worth of goods last nite at our local Walmart. We were shocked to find out the purchase didnt go through. We had just place well over a thousand dollars into our bank account so there was no reason for this to happen.

We notified the bank this morning to find out not only did Walmart charge us for the purchase, but did so twice. We asked for a refund and was told "NO". It would take at least 7-10 buisness days to get our money back. This is unaceptable and constitutes theft as far as I am concerned.

So I thought about my options and I will be filing a police report and contacting a attorney in the near future.

But why would this happen, in this new secure age. You know where everything is for our protection? Well close as I can figure they did this to a bunch of people, got a big wad of cash, and is now reporting it as profits to drive up their stock. They also get interest and some managers are probablly getting a nice bonus out of this.

Yes the money may get returned, I doubt all of it. The store managers response was, since you were so good about it, you may qualify for a $20.00 dollar store gift card. Do you know what happens when your account gets a charge back like that. It makes you look like you created a fraud to get free stuff.

So next time you go to Walmart, take cash and hope you dont get robbed in the parking lot by all the homeless people breaking into cars for spare change.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Las-Cruces-New-Mexico-88001/Walmart-How-to-increase-your-profits-by-fraud-and-decpetive-practices-Las-Cruces-New-Mex-1076386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Please do..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Im not going to bore you with why on so many levels this was theft and fraud.

- No..please do.  I think that the entire world would love to hear your full logic behind why this is theft and fraud.

Some folks here are really confused.

AUTHOR: Cruces Nomad - ()

I dont know where you live or how rich you are. But if you go into Walmart and take something, you will go to jail. It is called theft.

Just because they are filthy rich and so big they dont care about my small $200.00 dollar purchase is absolutely rediculous. They measure their growth by 3% percentage points. I was dead on. Since this happened to more than one person, at more than one store, this is not only theft, but fraud.

The new assumption, Im big, powerful, and you should bail me out when I have ruined my company is BS.

Here is some numbers for you, since we went else where to shop. Take the average of $400.00 dollars a week. Times by 52 weeks. Thats 20g a year off from that 3% Walmart has to make to make the owners happy. In todays world as things move faster than they ever have before, no one has a week to wait for Walmart to catch up. This is most likely counted on as I dont think the glitch was by accident. Im pretty sure the boys in the control room by entrance got bored.

As far as Im concerned, Walmart stole, from a lot of people, on a pay day night. The ebt cards didnt have any problems as we watched several of them go through the line ahead of us. What Walmart is saying, you dont use our in store Bank (Wells Fargo), you wont get good service here. Since the Well Fargo has been put into the store, we have constantly had issues payong with a bank card. There is some sort of war going on with banks right now which has nothing to do with a poS system.

Im not going to bore you with why on so many levels this was theft and fraud. But the way a POS works is fool proof. My bank caught the fraud. The banks have things in place to stop fraud, and Walmart got caught, not just by me, but by others. As for waiting, yep Ill wait, in line at the Albertsons from now on. Im sure all the ebt card holders thought it was funny real money didnt spend that night.

Let's try some logic here folks...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Okay on one side we have Wal-Mart which is a Multi-Billion dollar company who in one minute probably makes more money than 99.9% of the worlds population will see in their lifetime.  On the other side we have a person buying $200 worth of items.

Now..let's figure that Wal-Mart is intentionally doing this and randomly picked on this person to take their $200.  Well again looking at the above numbers that would be like a regular person picking up a penny off of the sidewalk..in effect almost worthless.  But then you say..well perhaps not just one person but if they do it a lot.  Well to get to any significant money they would have to do this thousands and thousands of times.  Yet...has anyone heard some widespread..or evven several reports of this happening?

You are also under the impression that the manager can somehow control this in order to get a bonus.  Well honestly..if a manager was smart enough to be able to hack into the payment systems to "take" money undetected and with according to you no cocequences why would they give it to Walmart and not just keep it themselves?

So is this "fraud" and "deceptive practices" on the behalf of Walmart..probably not.

But that is not to say that the OP doesn't have a valid complaint...they just need to be logical about it.   You haven't even given this a couple of days.  If it is truly a "glitch" perhaps it will work itself out.  If it doesn't then go through and file a formal complaint..IN WRITING with your bank, explain your situation.  If that fails then yes..you may have to take additional action.

I hope that the OP comes back and updates the report regardless of the outcome.

I think the report is legit

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I somewhat disagree with the previous rebuttal from Tyg. The issue is NOT about expectation but the software (technology). If a small company is having the similar issue, I would agree. However, a big corporation should NOT release buggy software in production environment. If they are going to blame the software or the company that develops the sofltware, then they are the one at fault because they may not hire a qualified company to develop the software. I doubt that they have in-house developers implementing this system.

Also, a big corporation should not rely on cusumer to report bugs. Their software developers should have tested enough. They are not NEW to the business. The payment system is not that NEW and should have had enough cases for testing. They charged the customer not once but twice, but it showed that the charge did not go through on their front-end. This is an unacceptable bug that should never happened in production!

The OP made a legit point.

#5 General Comment

Once again...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Once again the consumer ASSUMES that everything is perfect and secure. This is probably a simple glitch. The reason its going to take time is that they have to research this transaction and make sure that they are refunding you correctly. This takes time. You will get your money back you just have to wait until they VERIFY that this isnt fraud and it is a mistake. This isnt theft nor is this a scam. Its a hickup in thier system. Computers like ppl are NOT perfect. Issues happen and its a mark of you as a person on how you handle these.