- Report: #401001
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Walmart
WalmartBypass Highway Richmond, Kentucky U.S.A.
Walmart Defective Car Battery Return Ripoff Richmond Kentucky
*UPDATE Employee: I would have given you $9 cash:)
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I cannot believe you were even given credit.
*Consumer Comment: Walmart batteries are crap!
*UPDATE Employee: no receipt returns
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I tried returning the old Walmart battery Saturday and I had lost the old battery receipt. I was told by a manager that they would ONLY give me a gift card as a refund, thereby KEEPING my $76 expenditure captive to Walmart despite the warranty!
- No question the battery was in warranty; manufacturing date is on the battery.
- No question I was returning a used, failed battery.
- The batteries were identical.
- My new receipt was ONE DAY OLD and clearly stated the battery type.
- The auto service clerk gave me backtalk about how "...this would have been easy if I had let them install it" .(!!)
- Walmart has eliminated the convenient warranty/receipt storage pouch that used to be on the side of their batteries. Did that garner too many warranty claims??
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2008 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Richmond-Kentucky-40475/Walmart-Defective-Car-Battery-Return-Ripoff-Richmond-Kentucky-401001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.