Complaint Review: Walmart

• Updated: Sun, November 24, 2013

• Reported By: dav7070 — hemet California
Walmart
san jacinto, California USA

Walmart Walmart not adhering to return policy posted. san jacinto California

*Consumer Comment: I think I see most of your problem....

*Author of original report: Dear Walmart employee

*Consumer Comment: Save your receipts

*Author of original report: Policies

*Consumer Comment: The answer is simple..

Walmart skirting the law at the expense of the consumer once again. Walmart’s Return Policy on their website. Walmart is to accept returns without a receipt except on certain type items and give the customer the option of a cash refund if item is less than $25. There is a limit on how often this can be done. I was within the store policies three times in the last year and have been treated like a thief when trying to get Walmart employees and management to follow the posted return policy. Walmart is taking advantage of the consumer by denying requests for cash back and not giving the option of cash back if you do not have a receipt.

I would really like to elaborate more on this issue but I do not want to over do it.  Walmart is consistently not following their own stated return policy. I have been told by managers that it is up to each individual store manager on how they want to handle it. That is illegal. When a consumer makes a purchase it is very likely that part of the decision they made that purchase was because of the return policy of the store. The consumer and the seller are entering into a contract when  that purchase is made. Walmart by not following their own return policy is breaking that contract. They are taking advantage of the consumers. It seems today that more and more of that is happening and people are not standing up for themselves. People need to speak up and not be afraid to question things when they know that something is in the wrong. I have complained from store management on up to Corporate and all corporate ever does is send me back to the store manager. It is outrageous. I would never shop there if I had a choice. I have always felt that paying a little bit more for better service was always worth it in the long run. But due to the size of Walmart they have knocked out so much small competition that it is an unfair market and you can see that by the way the consumer is getting railroaded.

Excerpt from website

Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25) or an even exchange for the product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2013 04:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/san-jacinto-California-92544/Walmart-Walmart-not-adhering-to-return-policy-posted-san-jacinto-California-1101814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

I think I see most of your problem....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You are a confrontational, egotisitical air head.  There's probably more that's bad in your character that I've missed.

BTW, Coast has been posting here for a LONG time and doesn't work for WalMart or any of the numerous companies that idiots like you have alleged...nor for that matter, do I.

I've been shopping at Walmart for many years, have probably made 3 or 4 returns in all that time, and guess what, not problems.

You shot down ANY credibility you may have had when you went off on  a rant against Coast, and probably, now me.

"That is illegal. When a consumer makes a purchase it is very likely that part of the decision they made that purchase was because of the return policy of the store. The consumer and the seller are entering into a contract when  that purchase is made. Walmart by not following their own return policy is breaking that contract."

Please point out what "contract" or laws they are breaking in trying to control returns. Just list the Federal or State laws you say they are breaking...or are you just a loud-mouthed drama queen?

Dear Walmart employee

AUTHOR: dav7070 - ()

I wont even go any farther arguing with an idiot that works for walmart. Save my receipts? Well, I didnt and there is a policy in place for that and it is supposed to be followed. It is a corporate policy. I can tell you are a walmart worker because you know nothing and have arguments that are biased.  Okay buddy you win your right I should just not stick up for the rights that are given to us as consumer and let pissy assholes like you run all over us. I apologize for upsetting you,,have a good day sir, madam, bitch whatever it is.

Save your receipts

AUTHOR: coast - ()

“I would really like to elaborate more on this issue but I do not want to over do it.”

You over embellished your complaint but never provided information as to what item you were attempting to return. Why did you withhold that vital information? Their website clearly states that different departments have different return policies. As noted by the previous commenter, you conveniently omit information that does not support your argument.

“I have been told by managers that it is up to each individual store manager on how they want to handle it. That is illegal.”

That’s not illegal. Please provide a link to a government supported website that supports that claim. It also does not violate company policies because all corporate policies grant managers decision-making powers. That helps reduce complaints from the whiners that cry to corporate when they don’t get their way.

“I would never shop there if I had a choice.”

As a consumer, you have a choice.

You should retain your receipts due to your high rate of returns.

Policies

AUTHOR: dav7070 - ()

I did not mention anything about six months because that has nothing to do with my complaint. I am making a return within the guidelines listed below. Which by the way is printed directly from the website. I had not made more than three no receipt returns within a 45 day period. I opted for a cash refund and was treated like I was a criminal. And just state the obvious to you again. As I stated it was within the guidelines of return policy listed on website that is posted below. It was not an electronic item or any item that has a special return policy attached to it.

It states nowhere that it is up to managers discretion. This is the policy listed on the website so please tell me where you are finding your facts?  You must work for walmart because you are making up policies that are not listed on the website. Once again nowhere it states up to managers discrection or approval.

What's Walmart's No Receipt returns policy?
Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.

The answer is simple..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Interesting how you were very selective on the part of the policy you posted.  You failed to post the part that says they allow up to 3 no-receipt refunds within 45 days and that all of your returns are tracked for 6 months.  You also convienently left out the part that says the store has the right to refuse the refund.

So if you are complaining about what is apparently multiple no-receipt refunds there is a real simple answer.  Just keep your receipts.