Complaint Review: Walmart

• Reported By: BOILING POINT — Waynesboro Pennsylvania
Walmart
washington township blvd. waynesboro, Pennsylvania USA

Walmart Battery Warranty/Replacement Issues Waynesboro Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I don't know if it's "fair" or not...

I bought a MAXX-49 auto battery in April of 2012. It had a 3 year free replacement warranty. The battery went bad this month (12/2013), and so I took it back to the store where it was originally purchased for a replacement.

I was notified that the MAXX-49 battery is NO LONGER AVAILABLE, and the DIRECT REPLACEMENT SUBSTITUTE battery is now the MAXX-H8.

The MAXX-49 sold for $82.00.

The MAXX-H8 sells for $119.97.

I was told I needed to either pay the difference of the selling price between the two batteries, or "you can pick a battery that sells for the same price".

Let me get this straight....

1.) I return a battery for a VAILD WARRANTY CLAIM
2.) I'm told the battery I'm returning is no longer available
3.) Since the substitution battery that is a direct replacement for the one that's no longer available sells for more than the warranted battery that I'm returning for a warranted replacement, I need to pay the difference

OR

SO.....

Through no fault of my own, I purchased a faulty battery that didn't last even 2 years, I return it for a warranted claim, the specific battery is no longer available, a direct replacement substitution battery is available.....but now I'm being DEFRAUDED into paying more for a WARRANTED RETURN.

I should NOT have been charged a penny more for the new battery.

After I returned home, to top off my visit, I discovered that the cashier charged me a 9.00 core fee for the returned battery that was SITTING IN PLAIN VIEW ON THE COUNTER BESIDE THE NEW BATTERY, that I now have to spend time and gas to go back to the store and straighten out this whole overcharge mess.

Is this the policy of Walmart?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/waynesboro-Pennsylvania-17268/Walmart-Battery-WarrantyReplacement-Issues-Waynesboro-Pennsylvania-1111703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

I don't know if it's "fair" or not...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Is this the policy of Walmart?"

What does the WRITTEN warranty that came with the battery say?  You should have put it in your glove compartment instead of throwing it away.  My water heater WRITTEN warranty with Sears says that if equivalent model not available at replacement I would be responsible for the difference in price.

"4.) I was told that I can settle for "any battery that sells for the original $82.00" that is not the correct battery for my auto and would most likely cause damage to the electrical system/electronics."

Not going to happen, they're all 12 volt batteries.  If it fits it will actually work, but may not have the same capacity as the one you're replacing.  Who 'told" you it would likely cause damage?  No one with any knowledge of car electrical systems, no doubt.

Check your receipt carefully as the core charge is usually charged and then credited back.  Good luck to you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC