Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Thu, October 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, October 16, 2011

• Reported By: Rick — Goodview Minnesota Virgin Islands (US)
Walmart
955 Frontenac Dr Winona, Minnesota United States of America

Walmart Fraudulent Meat Products Winona, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Suggestion: Huh?

*Author of original report: I haven't returned it

*Consumer Comment: Walmart has a "satisfaction guarantee"...

I bought what I thought was a pound of roast beef form the deli case on 8/10/11.  When I got home I discovered what had been sold as roast beef was in fact some sort of processed luncheon meat like bologne.  The color was right but there was no meat texture, clearly it was a processed product sold as roast beef.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2011 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Winona-Minnesota-55987/Walmart-Fraudulent-Meat-Products-Winona-Minnesota-788514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Really?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I have not returned the fraudulent product, I have frozen it and am looking into legal action.  "

I would pay good money (or meat) to be a fly on the wall in the lawyer's office when you explain your case.    I predict the lawyer will either burst into laughter or into tears.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Huh?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

Processed / reconstituted meat is still meat, and there is nothing wrong with selling it.  You either didn't understand what you were buying, or the deli service clerk didn't know what he was selling (a common problem in Wal-mart).  I don't think you'll get very far with suing them (or whatever it is you are planning on doing with the so-called "evidence").  In the future, I would recommend shopping at Whole Foods, where the quality and service may be more to your liking.

I haven't returned it

AUTHOR: RickCarufel - (Virgin Islands (US))

I have not returned the fraudulent product, I have frozen it and am looking into legal action.  I am sure they would have refunded my money and just kept right on selling a processed meat product as real meat.  So I am going to see if I can get the product pulled from their stores or at least they stop the deceptive marketing.  The last thing I need to do is give up my evidence.  I have had this happen twice, but the phrase "Meats" is not 100% accurate.  The other instance was with what they market as Sea Scallops.  They are not scallops but cookie-cuttered chuncks out of the wings of rays and skates and actually fish, not shellfish at all.  So they seem to be intentionally trying to misrepresent products on a regular basis since this is the second time they have done so with a product that I have bought, in the course of normal shopping, in just 3 months.

Walmart has a "satisfaction guarantee"...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

What did they say/do when you returned the package?

Apparently you've had this happen before as your headline said "meats."

critic