Complaint Review: Walser Crysler, Jeep, Dodge

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — eden prairie Minnesota U.S.A.
Walser Crysler, Jeep, Dodge
314 Mainstreet Hopkins, Minnesota United States of America

Walser Crysler, Jeep, Dodge Walser Will Not Honor Warranty On New Vehicle (Has Had Trouble With State Of Mn. Before On this Issue) Hopkins, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: question

I bought a Jeep Liberty Jet from Walser Crysler,Jeep, Dodge in Hopkins, Mn. in late dec. 2012. It was represented as a new vehicle. After taking delivery of the vehicle, right away I noticed several problems with it. The vehicle supposedly came with a 3 day, 300 mile money back guarantee. When I attempted to bring it back to the dealer, they said I would be out a $400 reconditioning fee and $1600 in taxes. Plus they'd only honor their "guarantee" if I bought a different vehicle from Walser! Obviously, these conditions and contingencies were never mentioned to me up front.

Therefore I was stock with the vehicle. In the past month of ownership, I have had this "new" Jeep in Walser for repairs 3 times for the following issues:

*Broken glove box.
        *Gear Shift that sticks.
        *Leaking Tire.
        *Brakes not functioning properly
        *Violent vibration when the vehicle goes over 65 mph.
        *Vehicle out of alignment.

In the 3 times I have been in with the vehicle the past month, they have only fixed 2 of the problems. The last time I brought the vehicle in, it was left overnight. I found out they drove the vehicle 72 miles! There would be no road test fathomable that would require or need them to drive this vehicle 72 miles!

They also put a tear in the leather of the driver's seat. They refuse to repair this tear at no cost to me--saying it is not under warranty! Are you kidding me??? I have filed a complaint against this dealership with the Attorney Generals office in Mn. I found out that Walser Automative has had several other issues with the A.G's office and had to agree to pay for arbitration if customers had future complaints, to stay in business in Mn.

I am a 56 year old person. I have bought 14-15 vehicles in my life. I have never had an issue like this with a vehicle. I am not some chronic crank complainer. I will have my day in court so to speak, but I thought I'd write this to hopefully prevent some other consumer of going thru the nightmare I have purchasing a vehicle from the Walser group in the Minneapolis area.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walser-Crysler-Jeep-Dodge/Hopkins-Minnesota-55343/Walser-Crysler-Jeep-Dodge-Walser-Will-Not-Honor-Warranty-On-New-Vehicle-Has-Had-Troubl-1007328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walser Crysler, Jeep, Dodge

question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why didn't you complain about the problems immediately after the test-drive?