Complaint Review: Walt Weatherington

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Tyler Young — Utah
Walt Weatherington
15720 IBISRIDGE DRIVE Lithia, Florida USA

Walt Weatherington Southern Equity Twenty Four Seven Funding Stole Our Money and Didn't Deliver Funding Lithia Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Gulf Atlantic Commerial Capital

We contracted with Walt Weatherington to help procure funding for a large real estate transaction. We paid nearly $30,000 to him up front for this. Prior to paying, we received a guarantee that if he was unable to secure funding we would receive a full refund (I have numerous email / text / phone records that prove this). When he did not deliver, thereby losing a multi-million dollar deal for me and my partners, he informed us that he would send us a refund. After over 8 months of excuses, missed deadlines, and broken promises, we are now preparing legal action for the loss plus damages.

Throughout the entire drawn-out process, our interactions were marred by a lack of transparency, minimal communication, and constantly missed deadlines. Some of my favorite excuses for why funding hadn't come through included:

• Significant rainstorms that caused flooding and the computers to stop working
  • Banks closing early due to mysterious holidays
  • Illness
  • Travel

One of the final commincations I received from him regarding the long overdue refund is below:

Hey Tyler

That will not be a problem. I really appreciate you guys patience in this matter. We are definitely going to follow thru and this closed out for you.

We do need to wire the funds over to your acct by the 15th by wire with noexcuses and confirmation. I know you have been patient but wanted to be honest with you. Please allow us this extra time and we guarantee that the full deposit be returned by the date specified. You can also certify this promise.

Once again thank you
This was received on Nov 15th, nearly 4 months after we were supposed to receive our refund. It is now March, and we have little hope in recovering the money he stole, let alone be comensated for the damages and lost opportunity he caused.

Walt Weatherington may also associated with "Twenty Four Seven Funding" and Kelly D. Fontaine. I have not interacted with Mr. / Ms. Fontaine, but I would strongly advise against working with Walt as he is dishonest and will steal your money without delivering the services for which you paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walt-Weatherington/Lithia-Florida-33547/Walt-Weatherington-Southern-Equity-Twenty-Four-Seven-Funding-Stole-Our-Money-and-Didnt-D-1132980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walt Weatherington

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Gulf Atlantic Commerial Capital

AUTHOR: John - ()

I am an Investigator for the Florida Office of Financial Regulations in Tampa. Please contact me at 813-218-5319 so that we can discuss your situation.