Complaint Review: walter mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, April 07, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 07, 2011

• Reported By: Mr.fox — Lakewales Florida U.S.A.
walter mortgage
p.o.box 31601 tampa, Florida United States of America

walter mortgage the billing department got nasty with me tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Did you make sure

*Consumer Comment: Not a ripoff at all.

*General Comment: Get out of your contract with Walter Mortgage Company Legally!!!

Walter mortgage co. i have read the contract over and over their is nothing in it about them not taking post dated checks.I sent one it was wrote in red ink also put a sticky note on it and stapled it to the ckeck. It was dated for the 8th. they ren it on the 6th.Icalled them and the manager got real nasty with me.He said we dont take postdated checks witch is a lie.He also said the checks are run the day they come in thats a lie also..I told him that all the fees that their actions cost me would be taken out of the next payment,He responded they would forclose on my home..THIS IS A RIPOFF IN THE BIGGEST WAY!!!!!!!-

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 05:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/walter-mortgage/tampa-Florida-33631/walter-mortgage-the-billing-department-got-nasty-with-me-tampa-Florida-714914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on walter mortgage

Did you make sure

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

ckb Did you make sure to TRASH the home first???

Not a ripoff at all.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

". It was dated for the 8th. they ren it on the 6th"

Sorry, but this notion you have that you can post date a chack which cannot be processed until the date of the check, is mistaken.   Once you hand a check over to the recipient, they can cash it.   Banks are not bound by the date on a check and courts do not recognize postdating.

Wonder why?   I'll explain.   A check is a financial instrument that instructs the bank  to pay the payee from your account.   You must have the funds in your account when you write the check.  Doing otherwise would be passing a bad check and is against the law in most places.   So, you can see that a check that is postdated in anticipation of funds being in an account on a later date, is on its face a phony check.   That is why postdating is not legallly recognized.

"He said we dont take postdated checks witch is a lie."

Why would you say that?   It's obvious from their actions that they treat postdated checks like any other checks (as most financial institutions do).

"He also said the checks are run the day they come in thats a lie also"

Actually, that appears to be true.   Isn't that what your complaint is about?  That they processed your check when they received it, rather than holding it until the date on the check?

"..I told him that all the fees that their actions cost me would be taken out of the next payment,He responded they would forclose on my home.."

He has a point.  While it would take many months for that to happen, if you arbitrarily decided not to pay a portion of your mortgage payment .  You would be considered late.  If you didn't eventually pay what you left out, plus accumulated fees and interest, the end result could be forclosure.

You can't just decide on your own what your mortgage payment will be.   Especially when your reasons for withholding part of your payment are completely invalid.

#3 General Comment

Get out of your contract with Walter Mortgage Company Legally!!!

AUTHOR: CKB - (United States of America)

This is to EVERYONE who owns a Walter Mortgage Home I had a home with them also. I had tons of problems with them. but its all over now! for me anyways. I got out of my contract with them FREE and Clear without the help of any lawyer! they helped me do it and dont even know it! LOL! Every Loan with walter Mortgage company is TRANSFERABLE to anyone else!  You can also Deed your house back to them FREE AND CLEAR its callled deed in lieu of foreclosure! or sale your home for what the pay off is!!

You can contact me if you have any questions on how to do any of these. keep in mind you will never get credit for these homes. you wont make any money the ways that i found to get out of the contract, but there will never be a bad mark on your credit report. EVER! it will be as if you never owned the home to begin with! c k b at hot mail dot com is me if you have any questions on what to do or how to do it!

I DID IT!! I am walking away free and clear!! nothing goes against me on my credit! its as if i never owned the home!!...lol...