Complaint Review: Waterhouse Finacial Services

• Updated: Sun, December 01, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Bristol Rhode Island
Waterhouse Finacial Services
14 Inverness Drive East, Suite C124 Englewood, Colorado USA

Waterhouse Finacial Services Conquest One Inc. I was declared one of the winners of the International Shoppers Lotto Powerball and entitled to 125,000$ Englewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Question?

I received a letter Nov.13,2013 from Waterhouse Finacial Services stating that I was one of the declared winners of the International Shoppers Lotto Powerball conducted in North America on 8/30/2013. An I was entitled to 125,000.00$. Participants were selected through a random computer ballot. My file was assigned to their North American Claims Affiliate for the remittance of the fund. Enclosed with the letter was a check for 3,875.00$ US dollars which has been deducted from my winnings for the purpose of paying Goverment taxes of 1,875$ which was to be paid directly to the tax agent assigned to my file. I was told to contact the claim agent quote my claim Number and recieve further instructions. Mark Nelson(Claim Agent) advised me to deposit the check for 3,875.$ into my bank account and then call him for the tax agent contact information and where to send the 1,875$ amount for the taxes. I took the check to my bank and they would not deposit the check into my account saying that it was a scam check/letter and told me to report it to the necessary authoriites. I would like to proceed in whatever way to prevent futher victimization of honest hard working citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2013 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Waterhouse-Finacial-Services/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Waterhouse-Finacial-Services-Conquest-One-Inc-I-was-declared-one-of-the-winners-of-the-I-1103445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Waterhouse Finacial Services

Question?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Did you actually believe you "won" a contest you didn't enter???