Complaint Review: Waterhouse Financial Services

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: Joseph — Medina New York
Waterhouse Financial Services
7209 West Fort Street Detroit, Michigan USA

Waterhouse Financial Services I received a check in the mail for $3875.00 along with a letter stating I was a declared winner of an international Shoppers Lotto Powerball. Detroit Michigan

I received a letter in mail claiming we had been declared winners of the International Shoppers Lotto Powerball held on Feb 28th, 2013 in the 2nd category. This letter included a check for $3875 but it was only part of my $125,000.00 prize winning. It was to help pay for the taxes on the winnings. I was instructed that I could not cash it until contacting MR. MARK NELSON (Claim Agent) with a claim number at 1-416-831-1901 which turns out is a number in Canada. Although the check seems to be drawn on a legitimate bank (Comerica Bank, Detroit, Michigan), the bank says the check is fraudulent. It looks very official and authentic so BE CAREFUL! DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER BECAUSE I SUSPECT IT IS AN AUTOMATIC CHARGE BACK TO YOUR PHONE!  My Claim # was GMB/G321HD Further information can be found on Scambook.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Waterhouse-Financial-Services/-Detroit-Michigan-48209/Waterhouse-Financial-Services-I-received-a-check-in-the-mail-for-387500-along-with-a-l-1052625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Waterhouse Financial Services